UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This will end up in an out of court settlement, there will be an individual scapegoat named on one side or another - could be ours or the European governing body. Neither organisation will lose but both will have lost financially.

I have seen this happen so many time between the banks and regulators it is stupid - big golden parachute payment, take the blame and everyone moves on.

My guess is that a Waffa exec will fall on his sword, based on the 5 year statute of limitation OR the president of the PSG or other cases and get a seven figure pay off, waffa claim technicality and we carry on, mud stick with to put name but slowly moved into the annals of history.

Then the key question is, are our owners ok with this or do they want to bring the whole house of cards down?

I have a sneaky suspicion that bringing this all to a head, changing the governing body and getting an element of control of the governing body is behind all this - in which case this may be a 5 to 10 year case, which when eventually won puts CFG as THE major player in world football - hence the backing currently of FIFA and not waffa.

Just a thought ........

After we have won this case i have a feeling that this will be the beginning of the end for Uefa.

That's bollocks since when did the owner of any business have to pay court costs out of the actual business itself?

A wealthy individual with several business interests can pay his lawyers from whatever means he has.
I think this might depend on who is filing any legal suit. If it’s City, under accounting protocols, wouldn’t it be classed as an MCFC business expense and therefore allocated to City’s P & L? (And from there affect our FFP situation.)

However, it might be feasible to take action as ADUG rather than MCFC.

Herein lies yet another legal question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.