Var debate 2019/20

2 goals and 4 points lost by us to VAR against Leicester this season. We still have had only one in our favour, when Jonny was fouled by 2 Southampton players in the area, the ref inexplicably didn't give it but VAR did

2 goals and 4 points lost by us to VAR against Leicester this season. We still have had only one in our favour, when Jonny was fouled by 2 Southampton players in the area, the ref inexplicably didn't give it but VAR did

Take solace in the fact that its nothing against you and everything to do with Leicester needing and being given a lot of help, yet again as they did when they miraculously won the league.

Its going to take more than a few tweaks to get VAR fully operational,

I think you might be right, but by the evidence of the rags game against chelsea tonight, I think your idea of "fully operational" and PIGMOL's version of "fully operational" may be far apart because

to convince us sceptical supporters that it will be beneficial for the game.

aint their aim pal. The point of it, ironically, is exactly what you wrote in your last line...

Both United and Liverpool had found a way to circumnavigate the whole thing already.

Not so much that it's them that are doing it, if you catch my drift, but they're benefiting.

VAR has shown us tonight just what it can do.

It can leave a man on a pitch who shouldn't have been on the pitch to score a crucial goal to put a game to bed.
It can disallow an equalizing goal despite the evidence showing that either a penalty or a goal should have been the decision.
It can frame manipulate another goal to look offside.

All important decisions, in any given game, can now be given FOR the "chosen ones",

This can now be achieved almost at will.
The processes required to give these decisions have been honed after sufficient practice upon the masses under their belts in "nothing" games not involving the "good guys", and the "bad guys" being involved in ALL the initial trials of every type of NEW contentious decision that VAR has opened up to them was too big a temptation.

Football is in a very, very strange place.

Roll on Real Madrid.
Tonight was probably only a practice run.

On a lighter note, Micah on 5Live was funny as f@ck.

I think you might be right, but by the evidence of the rags game against chelsea tonight, I think your idea of "fully operational" and PIGMOL's version of "fully operational" may be far apart because

aint their aim pal. The point of it, ironically, is exactly what you wrote in your last line...

Not so much that it's them that are doing it, if you catch my drift, but they're benefiting.

VAR has shown us tonight just what it can do.

It can leave a man on a pitch who shouldn't have been on the pitch to score a crucial goal to put a game to bed.
It can disallow an equalizing goal despite the evidence showing that either a penalty or a goal should have been the decision.
It can frame manipulate another goal to look offside.

All important decisions, in any given game, can now be given FOR the "chosen ones",

This can now be achieved almost at will.
The processes required to give these decisions have been honed after sufficient practice upon the masses under their belts in "nothing" games not involving the "good guys", and the "bad guys" being involved in ALL the initial trials of every type of NEW contentious decision that VAR has opened up to them was too big a temptation.

Football is in a very, very strange place.

Roll on Real Madrid.
Tonight was probably only a practice run.

On a lighter note, Micah on 5Live was funny as f@ck.

It is blind optimism in thinking VAR could be fairly used and you are right tonight shows how bent the whole system is.

United with a sniff of finishing 5th which MAY get them into UCL next season - VAR to their aid their cause from now until the end of the season (unless our ban gets thrown out before then)

the first game of the season handball one was a joke, you shoulda won that game by all accounts (a la Jesus v spurs) - the second the other night, even more unjust.
BTW,Is there a more cringeworthy sight in football than watching Rodgers constantly making notes in his little notepad whenever the camera pans on him. Like some pretentious purist jfk prick.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.