UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's fundamental to any disciplinary process that it is a fair one. Just about everything we are discussing goes to that argument. From the initial utterances of UEFA figures, to the mechanics of FFP, to the corruption of senior figures, to conflicts of interest..the lot.

Which way the appeal goes depends very much on how City want to play it. Speculating, by choice I think they'll keep it simple and concentrate purely on the latest process , reserving the arguments about the legality of FFP and the venality of the key promoters for a later date should we need to go there.

Liew's language is predictable; the use of "subhuman scum" with regard to our fanbase is designed to provoke a violent response. He wants to see a journalist get hurt at a football match (as long as it's not him, obviously).

This must not happen. Sound and fury only, but with significance.
I’m not a fan of Liew and his turgid writing style, but based on the construction of that sentence I’m not sure I agree with your analysis of those words.

A good article has just come up on my phone, it was that Dan Roan shit on the BBC, it is full of City bingo but the reason why it is good is he mentions an English player who went to play in Turkey. He came home half way through his contract because his club were not paying him. The Turkish FA fined him and banned him. Long story short he appealed stating that the Turkish FA cannot investigate prosecute and sit in judgement. He lost his case but eventually, a couple of weeks ago the ECHR agreed with him. It has taken 10 years.
Roan the snake also mentions Caster Semanya the African runner who is in body a woman but has male testosterone. Again that case is being dragged through every conceivable court.

Roan states that City can and will do what the above have done but Uefa cannot afford to. Further if it takes 10 years and our ban is suspend all that time it is a mockery. As I say, typical moan by Roan but it highlights Citys likely tactics.

As someone else has already pointed out, they are collectively cultivating the narrative of big bad city with their vast resources and layers, vs poor ickle defenseless uefa.

I think Jonathan Agnew’s analysis on Twitter last May about Liew says it all really ‘ a sad attention seeker’, ‘ a disgusting individual’ a ‘coward’ and a ‘disgraceful journalist who’s coverage of cricket was stupid’, I think he also slipped in the C word to describe Liew , you hit the nail on the head Aggers. The Guy is a cockroach like so many in his profession.

Whatever Manchester City have done wrong, never forget that the entire playing field was shaped by the elite of European football for their own gain. This monstrous reimagining of fairness has been obvious since 2007. So it was never about Manchester City. Whatever you think of them, the game as it has now been framed by UEFA and a privileged elite, is bent.

Martin Samuel.

One journalist has the guts to call it as it is.

Well, having gone through last nights thread, I have to say it lacks the verve and punch of the previous night. I had expected at least another smoking gun from @Prestwich_Blue ;-). The one material shift seems to be some commentary is becoming a little more balanced. I hope agent Neville has been invited for coffee by Vicky this morning so he can be properly briefed. Maybe get Souness in as well he is usually his own man. I hope we take every opportunity to push the positive aspects of the club in the coming weeks as well as making ourselves very unpleasant with those journalists that stray from fact and truth.

Well, having gone through last nights thread, I have to say it lacks the verve and punch of the previous night. I had expected at least another smoking gun from @Prestwich_Blue ;-). The one material shift seems to be some commentary is becoming a little more balanced. I hope agent Neville has been invited for coffee by Vicky this morning so he can be properly briefed. Maybe get Souness in as well he is usually his own man. I hope we take every opportunity to push the positive aspects of the club in the coming weeks as well as making ourselves very unpleasant with those journalists that stray from fact and truth.

More balanced? I take it you’ve not read Lie(w) this morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.