UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Daily Fail reporting that we are to be stripped of our 2014 prem title.

REVEALED: Manchester City's Premier League title in 2014 is now UNDER THREAT with potential backdated points deduction - and Raheem Sterling, Kevin De Bruyne and Aymeric Laporte could be sold

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...r-Citys-Premier-League-title-2014-THREAT.html
The key words there are potential and could. What a pile of steaming dross.

There is a lot of mixed messages in this thread and on this site. City have a turnover of circa £400m, UEFA have circa £2.7bn, if City are not state owned how is it that the weight/power/wealth of a state comes into play over a court case? Surely they are seperate or they not?
Are you really being that dim?

we aren’t state owned however our owner has a personal fortune of nearly £20bn.

I see Conn has been listening to Prestwich_Blue yet continuing to be an arsehole. Does he not realise it turns his article on the receipts on it's head?
Honestly I think I would have difficulty controlling my emotions if I met the twat again. His article comparing City's attitude to UEFA to a Brexiteers attitude to the EU the other day was just frankly unbefuckingleavable. Still he's clearly working for the right paper.
I await his expose of the goings on at Moston Pallet United with interest. I think I could be waiting a long time though as he clearly is a grade one twat.

Last edited:

REVEALED: Manchester City's Premier League title in 2014 is now UNDER THREAT with potential backdated points deduction - and Raheem Sterling, Kevin De Bruyne and Aymeric Laporte could be sold

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...r-Citys-Premier-League-title-2014-THREAT.html

"May", "could", and "may"

Just wanted to add this article I stumbled on on the NY Times website:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/24/sports/psg-uefa-ffp.html

In summary, Yves Leterme let PSG get away with it, Cunha Rodrigues (UEFA) went ballistic, but Yves Leterme said his objection was too late.

Yves Leterme is behind City's punishment. I would have thought the above action by the same man would set a precedent of how alleged inflated deals are dealt with (ie ignored). I think it totally undermines everything he had said about City. Hopefully, City can use the information the NY Times based this on.

It is fascinating how they can manipulate their own rules to suit whatever agenda they fancy.

We seem to be the one they finally ageeed on.

Regardless of him not referring to us as subhuman scum, the thing that boils my piss is him calling City fans out for defending the club. What does he expect when the club have maintained all along that they've done nothing wrong? Does he think City fans - or fans of any other club in this situation - are going to back an organisation as incompetent and corrupt as UEFA instead? "But City have been found guilty" they say. What, found guilty in a fucking kangaroo court by an organisation that so many of these pricks are more than happy to criticise on all manner of other matters?
Now I'm not saying the club definitely aren't guilty here. They could be bluffing I suppose, but given that they've been steadfast all along in their stance, until UEFA provides hard evidence in the form of a fucking bank statement showing beyond all doubt that it was disguised owner funding then they can get to fuck for me.
Very well said. Anyone who writes those words simply cannot understand what it means to support a football team. Of course, in the absence of any firm evidence to the contrary, City fans’ default position on going to be to defend the club against UEFA. To assume otherwise displays a discernible lack of understanding of the backstory to this last week’s events

This is a slightly off-topic link, it’s about Amazon’s rise and it’s ability to leverage the insane amount of data they collect from Kindle, fire stick, ring, Alexa and the marketplace.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/extra/CLQYZENMBI/amazon-data
it’s a long read, but good.

but there’s a comment about halfway through from a EU competition watchdog investigating Amazon’s practises of data use and sidelining partners and rivals:
‘We would never accept in a football match that one team was also judging the game,”

... ironic. A EU competition watchdog investigating a cabal, holding up football as an example of something that would never be allowed to occur to itself.

What a monstrosity of a website. Designed so the reader only has time to digest the headlines and bullet-point propaganda before the migraine kicks in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.