UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very impressed with what Neville had to say last night, I know some believe he did this because of his ownership of Salford but even so, he certainly put a solid argument across. Its just a shame that there aren't more like him in the media, who are willing to say what needs to be said, even if it puts them in a huge minority. It was clear the guy (Dave is it?) in the studio, wanted to move on as quickly as possible to a differing viewpoint, because it clearly didnt fit the narrative that City are a disgrace to football and life in general.

If you want to show credibility as a broadcaster you research where this is going to go rather than the initial opening salvo from Uefa. Neville knows what will happen, anyone with half a brain in the world of football knows what will happen.

The uproar of calling City cheats and reviling in our supposed demise is making the media money. They will push this for their benefit ultimately, the back tracking when common sense prevails will be delicious.

Two totally separate issues and that event has been whitewashed from history.
Seperate issues yes.
However, the dippers are an 'istree club and the events at Heysel are part of their 'istree.
Incidentally, where was FFP when the Littlewoods invested in that club?
Acts of violence deserve far greater punishment than any alleged misdemeanours which we may or may not have committed.

It was said somewhere that we have to apply for the ban to be suspended when we appeal. It was suggested that if the ban is suspended it points to a favorable result for City.

They can't ban us before our appeal is heard. The damages and compensation would be monstrous. But if they suspend the ban pending an appeal and a club misses out on the CL as a result that could truly damage them. Let's hope it is the rags that miss out if that is the case rather than a Leicester/Wolves/Sheffield United.

I hope the Sheikh has a team scrutinising public statements - including those on Fan sites - for potential libel, and uses our very strict English libel law to his advantage. Could end up closing a few of the bastards down altogether.

See, that would be a terrible, terrible idea. Just ask yourself what the reaction would be if Abu Dhabi's deputy Prime Minister started going after people on forums.

Owen Oyston was the last person who did that.

FFS This is playing into exactly what Liew has accused us of in his article.

Who cares?

You think whatever is written on here has any influence whatsoever on what he writes?

The man is a grade A prick. If that makes me sub human scum in his eyes so be it, i couldn't give a fuck to be honest.

As I said earlier where was he when his fellow Liverpool supporters decided to go on a drunken rampage and murder 39 Juventus fans?

Easy to play this game.

Who cares?

You think whatever is written on here has any influence whatsoever on what he writes?

The man is a grade A prick. If that makes me sub human scum in his eyes so be it, i couldn't give a fuck to be honest.

As I said earlier where was he when his fellow Liverpool supporters decided to go on a drunken rampage and murder 39 Juventus fans?

Easy to play this game.

I think calling someone a scummy rat because you're upset they accused City fans of talking about people who are on UEFA's side as subhuman scum is the dumbest, least self-aware reaction possible.

If you want to show credibility as a broadcaster you research where this is going to go rather than the initial opening salvo from Uefa. Neville knows what will happen, anyone with half a brain in the world of football knows what will happen.

The uproar of calling City cheats and reviling in our supposed demise is making the media money. They will push this for their benefit ultimately, the back tracking when common sense prevails will be delicious.[/QUOTE]
It won't happen unfortunately, it'll be like the Sterling reporting.

They were all at it but once he showed them up, they would just revert to general speak instead of stating which reports were out of order from themselves and others.

All we found out is that some of the reporting was unacceptable.......

If CAS can't process the case by this summer, are we still banned next season or does it automatically get suspended?
I think the first task is to get CAS to accept our appeal, then they have to set aside the punishment (that may not be guaranteed), then yes there's going to be a point when UEFA are going to have to decide whether to allow us into next season's competition. I don't know what that point would be. Maybe the draw for the Group stages?

The last CAS review took a long time to conclude but it's possible that they could fast-track it and they are now familiar with the case. I suspect it will go on into next season but this is a question that is very difficult to answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.