Var debate 2019/20

Nothing to add that hasn't been said by many since the first day of the season.

Chelsea robbed but Utd have to be given as much help as is necessary to get CL football next season.

Sorry boys.

United with a sniff of finishing 5th which MAY get them into UCL next season - VAR to their aid their cause from now until the end of the season (unless our ban gets thrown out before then)

If MANUre can scab fifth with VAR decisions like last night, then there's a good chance the ban will stay!! I think VAR will not let them down, and how many placemen have they at UEFA HQ?

Even the commentator said last night about the push "If VAR can't see that then what's the point"...
Sums it up for me.

The way the Premier League referees are using VAR is beyond a joke.

VAR is a great system as Cricket and Rugby have shown.

But the arrogance of the Premier League officials means it's destroying the game we love.

Football is at a pivotal moment, VAR and FFP are killing a great sport, the coming months in my opinion will define the very future of football.

The Maguire incident tells you all you need to know. Anthony Taylor showed Son a red card for a similar offence earlier in the season - but last night a slightly more aggressive incident was deemed not even worthy of a yellow card. Let’s be fair in the heat of the moment refs can and do make mistakes - so even if we give Alty the benefit of the doubt the right decision should still be made by the morons in the caravan. VAR had time to look at that and make an informed decision - there were 2 possibly 3 camera angles The whole Sky panel were certain it was a red card. The VAR official must have spent circa 10 seconds reviewing that (he certainly did not have time to look at it from several angles - which were available) the decision came up immediately - it was just nonchalantly waved away. Compare that with the VAR process when United or Liverpool concede - they spend however long it takes to scrutinise the last 60 seconds of play searching for any excuse to chalk a goal off! VAR was supposed to bring consistency but the officials are using it to gain even more control over the game and results. It’s probably an exaggeration to say every game but a significant number of games I have watched on TV this season have had the outcome influenced by VAR and that influence has neither been applied fairly or professionally. I honestly fear for the game.

OGS last night, are VAR helping Utd or not....?

Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer on Sky Sports: "We keep another clean sheet, that's four on the bounce. We were a bit leggy, sometimes it takes time to blow the cobwebs out. First half we looked cumbersome but well, it's a result.

"We had good individual performances at times but we were too negative in the first half. It was about time Harry Maguire scored.

"You just want the right decision to be made and we are happy that they were. We have needed that help a few times this season. It looked like a push in the back for the disallowed goal and Harry was just protecting himself.

"This gives us a chance. [of Champions League.] We are not going to get any help, I cannot understand for the life of me why we couldn't play on Saturday as we play on Thursday again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.