UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually agree with what Marvin said earlier. Some of the rhetoric should be toned down a bit. Journalists are taking the more extreme quotes and making generalisations of our entire fanbase on the basis of it. There are plenty of ways to criticise certain journalists and publications without resorting to veiled threats and overly abusive language. Don't give them the ammunition they desperately crave. As others on here have shown, it's far more effective to highlight their ignorance of the subject at hand, and at times rank hypocrisy, in a considered manner rather than just venting anger at them (as tempting as that is at times).

Dazed and confused here.
The other day I felt reasonably optimistic that the funding of the sponsorship argument was boxed off in our favour in that the 'extra' Etihad money came from a non related party the Abu Dhabi Executive Council (EC).
Now it appears the money may have come from the EC originally but was channelled through ADUG.
ADUG are not a post office and if the money came from ADUG it came from ADUG.
ADUG ( unlike the EC) ARE a related party and that would mean we have broken FFP rules?

If the press are so desperate for a story to ‘invade a fan forum’ rather than investigate the actual facts, it goes to show how pathetic they are.

We'll have to up our game, maybe drop in a few quotes from The Iliad like the fat fool does...

To all the lickspittle scribblers...

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.”

Dazed and confused here.
The other day I felt reasonably optimistic that the funding of the sponsorship argument was boxed off in our favour in that the 'extra' Etihad money came from a non related party the Abu Dhabi Executive Council (EC).
Now it appears the money may have come from the EC originally but was channelled through ADUG.
ADUG ( unlike the EC) ARE a related party and that would mean we have broken FFP rules?
No it doesn't is my understanding.

Manchester City are unlikely to face a points deduction in the Premier League after UEFA ban. And they will not be booted out of it. No matter how much some might want to see that.

Professor Simon Chadwick, director at the Centre for the Eurasian Sport Industry:
“Many people believe at this point Manchester City are on the back foot but I could argue UEFA is more exposed in all of this.”

“In essence UEFA has to try to win this because, if it doesn’t win or is undermined in any way, then its position on Financial Fair Play begins to unravel…FFP is scuppered.”

“However, they are not taking on Wigan, they are taking on Asian governments, US tech investors and some of the smartest, most-talented people in football. It is transnational power versus localised governance. This is not Man City it is CFG.”

“You have the Abu Dhabi government invested into it, you have the Chinese government invested into it, Silver Lake invested into it, and they are operating franchises across seven or eight countries including China and India.” (SPORT)

Dazed and confused here.

It's the Father Ted Rule, the money was only resting.

Dazed and confused here.
I've not read the latest 30-40 pages so perhaps I've missed something, but having sponsorship from a related party isn't against the rules anyway. They have to announce it as such, but as long as it's market value then it's not an issue anyway? Can't see why we'd disguise it if that's right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.