UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually you are wrong. Money can be moved via any number of bank accounts between businesses, its where it starts and ends that matters, along with the correct cross invoicing or other mechanism of recording the movements such as an inter co loan etc.

I agree it looks worse than we would like but its not illegal and is done all the time between business entities for all sorts of reasons.

I agree with your last sentence, but there's no barrier regarding related entities in these transaction, there is with FFP.

In the grand scheme of things this doesn't mean anything significant (just like their reporting) but from today the Guardian and every single one of their journalist doesn't exist as far as I am concerned.

HEY JOURNO'S. Hope you are having a lovely day. Whilst you're cutting and pasting, have a listen to Adrian Durham on drive last night (just go on listen again on talksport.com - I'm sure you can get someone young in the office to show you how to do it) and also read Martin Samual's articles over the last few days. These are two journalists that are not City, United, Liverpool or Arsenal fans - so unbiased - and look how they have KNOWLEDGE about what they are talking and writing about. Because of their skill and confidence in their professional ability, they can form a balanced and un biased view and not to scared shitless that they must write and speak about what their bosses agenda is instructing them to write. Professionalism guys and girls - go on I'm sure one or two of you have it lurking in there somewhere. Ok I know some of you are just sewer rats, but surely there's on or two more of you with an ounce of professionalism and pride left in you. REACH FOR IT YOU LOVELY, CARING PEOPLE (Caroline Flack would say hi if she could) Fortunately, City's owners are obviously strong enough and powerful enough to no succumb to the same fate as that poor woman did after your vile bullying. Anyway, you have a great day and I hope your families are well and secure in the fact that you are a huge contributer to lies, bullying, racism, unprofessionalism and slander. They must be very proud

Outstanding.

Can't agree with you Marv.
IMO if it comes from ADUG it comes from ADUG.
But what do I know.
I'm not an expensive lawyer.

Apologies if I’ve misunderstood but I think you might have crossed wires. We are owned by ADUG and Der Spiegel claim the monies were paid to Etihad by ADUG. Since they interpreted HH to be Sheikh Mansoor. I think PB has proved beyond reasonable doubt that that HH is actually Sheikh Mohammed - head of the Government- so the monies paid to Etihad are paid by its owner the UAE government. Whilst this leaves us open to accusations of state funding it’s not against FFP. That said - can all this be about such a simple misunderstanding? I thought not but few if any journalists seem able to get their minds around it so god help UEFA.

As a man in orthopaedic shoes says, I stand corrected.

For the record Prestwich Blue does excellent work and whilst no doubt a bit of bias may come in from time to time, his information is the most reliable out there and more balanced. I hope the club unofficially recognise how he helps our fan base.

I am sure this is covered elsewhere but the whole deal does not make sense. If we over-stated sponsorships I get what we are accused off but the deal with Etihad, where we supposedly so desperate for a company we could top up that we have kit sponsorship and stadium naming rights for £8 million??? This includes consistent CL and seasons we won the league.

Just doesn’t seem right if they had paid 50 million and the sheikh topped it up to 80 million (I could see the potential for that scenario, not saying it happened) but to sell all that for just 8 million seems crazy.

The only other explanation is that it is not circumventing FFP at all, but being given deliberately cheap to help the airline out and then money topped up to City is to give the market value.

I just wonder why this is not talked about?
You're recommending City "unofficially recognise" - what could possibly go wrong?!?

Can't agree with you Marv.
IMO if it comes from ADUG it comes from ADUG.
But what do I know.
I'm not an expensive lawyer.
Me neither. I have no idea what route the Etihad funds took before reaching City's accounts but I am confident that the ulitimate source was some combination of the UAE Exec Council and Etihad.

I don't see why it would matter what particularly route it went through and who organised it unless there was an issue about related parties. If the transaction is of fair market value that is of no significance.

I know it's Tony Evans but a lot of what he says in there is true. It will never happen (and shoudln't) though because a lot of things which would be exposed are confidential for a reason.

agree. It would be a start if the flipping emulator of European football actuall published the reasons why it has imposed a huge sanction on a club though. Still to hear of a plausible reason why they wouldn’t. It’s a massive conflict of interest for Eufa to run the European game and regulate it

I read somewhere that there is a presser post game.
That's what I thought too. No pre-match press conference on the grounds that the pre-match press conference has already been fulfilled but of course no post-match press conference ever took place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.