UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh, it's not a characterisation of our fanbase. He's saying we're the ones calling others 'subhuman scum'. The low levels of reading comprehension on here are worrisome.
I've owned my error. In my defence, I tend not to study Liew's output but merely 'skim'.

I shall henceforth endeavour to work on my reading comprehension just for you, Nails.

And he never gets pulled up it.
Always makes me laugh when Wenger comes out and says stuff about us. He's hated us ever since the takeover but what he conveniently forgets is that if diamond dealer Danny Fiszman hadn't had pumped in over £50M of his own money into Arsenal in the mid 90's he would of never been able to sign players like Henry,Overmars,Pires(even Bergkamp was bought with that money before Wenger arrived) to help him compete with Utd.

Money HAS always talked in football

I actually agree with what Marvin said earlier. Some of the rhetoric should be toned down a bit. Journalists are taking the more extreme quotes and making generalisations of our entire fanbase on the basis of it. There are plenty of ways to criticise certain journalists and publications without resorting to veiled threats and overly abusive language. Don't give them the ammunition they desperately crave. As others on here have shown, it's far more effective to highlight their ignorance of the subject at hand, and at times rank hypocrisy, in a considered manner rather than just venting anger at them (as tempting as that is at times).
Sports Journalists are fucking cockroaches. Fuck them. They should go spend some time on RAWK and see the shite there.

Always makes me laugh when Wenger comes out and says stuff about us. He's hated us ever since the takeover but what he conveniently forgets is that if diamond dealer Danny Fiszman hadn't had pumped in over £50M of his own money into Arsenal in the mid 90's he would of never been able to sign players like Henry,Overmars,Pires(even Bergkamp was bought with that money before Wenger arrived) to help him compete with Utd.

Money HAS always talked in football

We sped up the mortgage repayments on their ground, they certainly didn’t invest it on the playing side of things.

I think Wenger’s first side would have failed ffp. He benefited from Fiszmann bankrolling him. He got the initial heavy investment he is now trying to deny anyone else, such a hypocrite.

From an Independent report in 2011...

Fiszman was real reason Arsenal did so well, says Adams
Former Gunners stalwart explains why money always counts when it comes to winning titles
Those calling for more spending on the current team will be interested to learn how highly Adams rated Fiszman's contribution. "I think that a significant factor, 90 per cent, in why we achieved so much is that Danny Fiszman invested £50m in the club and we were able to go to the next level," he said. "I got my first decent contract at the club, so did David Seaman, we were able to bring in Dennis Bergkamp – and that was before Arsène arrived – David Platt, Patrick Vieira, Nicolas Anelka, and were able to pay them – top players from around the world.

"I'd like to feel that a good manager can get the best out of those players once you've got them, but more often than not, if you've got the best players you win the League," he added. "And more important than that, if you've got the best defensive record you win the League. Fact."

Wikipedia states he purchased a 8% share in Arsenal in 1991, just prior to the Premier League/Champions League inceptions up in 1992.

Coincidence?

A poorly researched journalist?

Some are being far too kind. He has chosen to lift Prestwich Blue's information and present it as his own, ignoring the relevancy and facts to maintain his ongoing narrative.

He's not a journalist. He's a chiseler.

An absolute disgrace to the profession.

tolmie, you should do a irony piece on the unicredit saga, Italian state gives italian bank billions > Italian bank extends sponsorship to UEFA competitions > UEFA rewrites FFP regulations that suddenly allow Milan club to owner invest. Reeks of corruption and not covered in the press at all, all just per coincidence and nothing to see.

Sorry probably used the wrong chose of words. It will be based on an assessment of the merits of City's appeal.

CAS dont just automatically suspend a ban at the request of an individual or organisation. From my understanding (im not a lawyer or anything and like everyone on here we have just read a lot about it from previous cases etc) you have to have put forward a case that shows you have a chance of success at appeal. IF CAS do suspend the ban then it does indeed mean the case we put forward to them has a chance of success. Weather that means a reduction of ban/fine or acquittal remains to be seen
In order for City to get an injunction against Uefa's decision. City lawyers in my view will have to establish the following:

1. Prima Facie Case: Like you stated above, City lawyers have to show that we have a good case and not a frivolous one with good chance of success when the trial begins.

2. Balance of Convenience/ Incovenience: The party that suffers the most if the injunction is not granted has more chance of getting decision in its favour.

3. Irreparable loss. That if the injunction is not granted and later we win the case, it wont compensate us for our damage to reputation and missing out on a CL campaign if later CAS give findings in our favour.

I believe all 3 of the above limbs to get an injunction do favour us. I am positive about this.

I can say what I want, whether you like it or not I don't give a shit. I'm still reading articles daily on this as you are and asking questions and making suggestions it is a DISCUSSION FORUM. You can keep trying to shut me up all you want. Sorry, I don't have time to make 47,000 posts like you but my support is true. You are unbelievably naive if you think that this is an open and shut case and we will come out smelling of roses, we are in a fucked up situation whether you like it or not.

You hate UEFA I get it but to be so convinced that the club has done no wrong without looking at the immense possibilities that WE MIGHT HAVE is stupid.
I don't know about you but my stupidity was initiated by my late father who insisted at a very early age I should support City.

For more years than I care to remember I was laughed at and criticised as I tried to justify our on and off field antics. In short I don't expect perfection and have been the biggest critic of our previous management and the players we fielded. But it is character building being a City fan.

Nowadays I am more relaxed and frankly have got used to success and admire the business plans our owner has funded so just like paying accountants to find your way round tax liabilities I have no doubt our BP found ways to circumnavigate corrupt investment rules in between making our Investment Phase work in those early days which were designed to completely HALT a faultless BP (illegal in the real world).
I have complete faith in our management team and anyone who talks about "breaking the spirit" of such rules ought to consider the "spirit" of why they were initiated.

I hope our owners stay for ever having witnessed proper investment at City for the first time in my admittedly longer life now than most on here. They have made me proud to get the reflected glory of their success rather than the almost masochistic pride of being a proud City fan yesteryear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.