Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leicester did that with Mahrez and they are still able to sign players. I think the whole Bad PR angle is overrated here, lots of players would like to leave their clubs but havn't been able to for various reasons. We should just put a price tag of 120 million and wait for them. If they want him, pay up or then he doesn't go anywhere.
But they sold him before he was worth nothing, if we don't take what we can for Sane now we might lose him for nothing, we aren't losing 60/70 million pounds just to make a point.

Maybe Sane has to prove some form and fitness before clubs start showing interest again , if he can play a dozen decent games before the end of the season his transfer value would still be around £80 to £100m even with only one year left on his contract , Real paid £125m for Hazard and i think his contract was running down but i stand to be corrected on that.
How far away is he from a place in the squad ?, it seems to be taking an age to get the lad back in the team.

Maybe Sane has to prove some form and fitness before clubs start showing interest again , if he can play a dozen decent games before the end of the season his transfer value would still be around £80 to £100m even with only one year left on his contract , Real paid £125m for Hazard and i think his contract was running down but i stand to be corrected on that.
How far away is he from a place in the squad ?, it seems to be taking an age to get the lad back in the team.
His value depends on two factors, the length of his contract and how many clubs are interested in buying him.

Arsenal got a much better deal than they were expecting when selling Sanchez simply because both City and United wanted him. Once two or more clubs are bidding then the length of the player’s existing contract is largely irrelevant. The competition between City and United drove up his price until City decided that it wasn’t worth topping United’s most recent offer. We made that decision based on his age and perceived value to us, it had nothing to do with the length of his contract with Arsenal.

From the outside it seems that Sane has set his sights on moving to Bayern, and only Bayern. If that’s true then we should sell him when we think that we can get the best offer from Bayern.

But has he categorically ruled out moving to any other club? If not then I agree the ideal situation would be for him to play a few games in the hope that stimulates other interest. The golden scenario is that he plays a few games for City, does well enough to make the Germany squad for the Euro’s and then a fully fit and fresh Sane stars in that competition. A successful high profile summer tournament is a sure way of increasing a player’s value.

His value depends on two factors, the length of his contract and how many clubs are interested in buying him.

Arsenal got a much better deal than they were expecting when selling Sanchez simply because both City and United wanted him. Once two or more clubs are bidding then the length of the player’s existing contract is largely irrelevant. The competition between City and United drove up his price until City decided that it wasn’t worth topping United’s most recent offer. We made that decision based on his age and perceived value to us, it had nothing to do with the length of his contract with Arsenal.

From the outside it seems that Sane has set his sights on moving to Bayern, and only Bayern. If that’s true then we should sell him when we think that we can get the best offer from Bayern.

But has he categorically ruled out moving to any other club? If not then I agree the ideal situation would be for him to play a few games in the hope that stimulates other interest. The golden scenario is that he plays a few games for City, does well enough to make the Germany squad for the Euro’s and then a fully fit and fresh Sane stars in that competition. A successful high profile summer tournament is a sure way of increasing a player’s value.
Don't see him getting much of a look in for the rest of the season. Firstly, it will be 4-6 weeks before he is up to match fitness, it is highly likely he will suffer a reaction and miss additional time out and finally he may not be on Pep's favoured list as was the case last season during the run in. At this stage given his lack of interest in our club probably best to sell him early in the window and replace him or put the money to one side if our expulsion from Europe is upheld. In the event of the later there is absolutely no way we will be holding on to him and letting the contract expire.

Don't see him getting much of a look in for the rest of the season. Firstly, it will be 4-6 weeks before he is up to match fitness, it is highly likely he will suffer a reaction and miss additional time out and finally he may not be on Pep's favoured list as was the case last season during the run in. At this stage given his lack of interest in our club probably best to sell him early in the window and replace him or put the money to one side if our expulsion from Europe is upheld. In the event of the later there is absolutely no way we will be holding on to him and letting the contract expire.
Wouldn't be surprised to see him get minutes tonight if only from the bench, if Sterling is still out.He looks fully involved in the training video this week.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him get minutes tonight if only from the bench, if Sterling is still out.He looks fully involved in the training video this week.
G6Ev1Ji.gif

Sell him in the summer to the highest bidder, or Bayern idc. Cut the losses and move one, I love him as a player but if his heart is somewhere else then there is no point. We will definitely need a replacement who's as good if not better that's for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.