UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We should refrain from attacking Conn on the grounds that he's a turncoat. If City are guilty of what he accuses us of, he's perfectly entitled to make criticisms.

On the other hand, when he's a risible fucking idiot trying to push a laughably unconvincing political agenda* and using our club to do so at the expense of factual accuracy, we have every right to criticise. And that's the case right at the moment. He's trying to use the leverage of an undeserved reputation among his peers to gain credibility for the factually inaccurate shit he's currently peddling.

Have a go at him for the latter. If we attack him for supposedly being a City fan and turning against us, it makes us look like a bunch of dickheads.

For the record, I curse that we're his supposed boyhood team. I wish he'd supported Villa, Wednesday, Newcastle or whoever, and then I'd have been spared the welter of crap he's produced about my club to try and substantiate his half-baked outpourings.

But let's make sure that if we knock him, it's on point. It's hard enough to gain credibility in this hostile environment anyway, but if we argue like twats, we compound the difficulty.

* - Not looking for a political argument here, but I happened to vote Remain, would have done so at any point until the end of last month and still believe in my position. But Conn's article the other day referencing Brexit was one of the most moronic things I've ever seen in my life.

Now this is something we can legitimately give him stick for. Today, his Twitter output on this topic has been a joke.

I write as a football fan not a journalist or politician and as such I will attack him for turning on my....and supposedly his club. Whether he is proved right or not is irrelevant to me. He is doing his utmost to help sully the reputation of my club and damage it.

Beyond a joke. In spite of people continually pointing out his glaring error he keeps on repeating it. If he can't even get this right what else has he got wrong?

He did support us he wrote a book about it. Any football fan knows you can't just stop supporting a club, it's in your blood. Also any person with a modicum of intelligence knows why ffp was set up so why defend it?

I’ve read his book “Richer Than God” the constant references to FC United got on my nerves but I had to skip the entire chapter which he dedicated to them!

Conn has completely lost his head on this, and needs to be advised to take a couple of weeks off to cool down - he's just waffling incoherently now, apparently in some desperate need to seize the narrative on this story, but with less and less to add of genuine value or insight with every additional article he posts.

He's allowed his emotions to stray into his reporting, and someone needs to take his laptop off him before he has a public meltdown over City's compliance (or otherwise) with FFP.

Its painful to watch a grown man behaving like this!

I really hope that City ban him from their stadium and from attending press conferences. Is it true that he claims to be a City fan?!

I write as a football fan not a journalist or politician and as such I will attack him for turning on my....and supposedly his club. Whether he is proved right or not is irrelevant to me. He is doing his utmost to help sully the reputation of my club and damage it.

You can do what you want, but if you attack him on that ground rather than on the substance of what he says, you damage the credibility of those City fans who are legitimately attacking the substance of what he says, an altogether more powerful line of attack. I can't stop you, but I think your stance is a little stupid and rather detrimental to those of us who are attempting to go down more productive avenues.

Whatever happens with CAS, this is going further through the legal route. Isn't one of the first points of law to be adjudicated on being leaked/hacked info' being admissible, if it is then we are then free to unload/unlock whatever equal info' we have.

We should refrain from attacking Conn on the grounds that he's a turncoat. If City are guilty of what he accuses us of, he's perfectly entitled to make criticisms.

On the other hand, when he's a risible fucking idiot trying to push a laughably unconvincing political agenda* and using our club to do so at the expense of factual accuracy, we have every right to criticise. And that's the case right at the moment. He's trying to use the leverage of an undeserved reputation among his peers to gain credibility for the factually inaccurate shit he's currently peddling.

Have a go at him for the latter. If we attack him for supposedly being a City fan and turning against us, it makes us look like a bunch of dickheads.

For the record, I curse that we're his supposed boyhood team. I wish he'd supported Villa, Wednesday, Newcastle or whoever, and then I'd have been spared the welter of crap he's produced about my club to try and substantiate his half-baked outpourings.

But let's make sure that if we knock him, it's on point. It's hard enough to gain credibility in this hostile environment anyway, but if we argue like twats, we compound the difficulty.

* - Not looking for a political argument here, but I happened to vote Remain, would have done so at any point until the end of last month and still believe in my position. But Conn's article the other day referencing Brexit was one of the most moronic things I've ever seen in my life.

Now this is something we can legitimately give him stick for. Today, his Twitter output on this topic has been a joke.

Under what circumstances could we possibly sue UEFA?

Asking as your a Lawyer.

Feel a bit down about all of this tonight, and I have been relatively positive since the news broke.

It's a big burden for a football fan to have carry to essentially learn about the ins and outs of commercial deals, bureaucratic organisational bodies & politics just to have it out with people who are uneducated on the subject, and the media, who have already decided we are guilty.

It's sad that our owners are now just dragged through the mud after all they have done for the local area around the stadium, as well as the UK economy quite frankly.

If it was a 'sportswashing' practice it certainly hasn't gone to plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.