UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve read his book “Richer Than God” the constant references to FC United got on my nerves but I had to skip the entire chapter which he dedicated to them!

I bought his book ' Manchester United ruined my life' or something but found that boring, I never finished it, but it may still be lying around somewhere.

Why would Puma be informed of this though?

Especially when so much now hinges on nothing leaking out

They haven’t leaked anything.

They are one of our biggest sponsors and have just come out and said that they trust Man City.

Nothing wrong with that and I for one would like more of them to come out and make similar remarks.

Thanks for posting mate - makes for a very interesting read!

Considering that article, and the picture it paints of Leterme, alongside the clear conflict of interest that exists in the central roles played by very recent CEOs of two of our direct competitors, firstly in Rick Parry sitting on the investigatory panel which reviewed our case and recommended the current sanctions, and secondly in David Gill - also former vice-chairman of the G14 before it was 'officially disbanded', lest we forget - sitting on the executive committee at UEFA who ratified these sanctions - it's baffling people like Liew and Conn seem so outraged that we are now biting back at UEFA through this process.

This was an act of aggression by people with self-evidently vested interests in disabling our capacity to compete, and ensuring the top table remains closed to competition - twisting the purpose of FFP from one of limiting owners loading debt onto their clubs (as it was originally intended) to in the end acting solely to limit any owner from investing their own money risk free to grow their business - as is common practice in any industry across the world.

Why should we be respectful of these people, whose clear objective is to protect the interests of the stakeholders they support (be they direct competitors like United, Liverpool and the G14 cartel in the case of Gill and Parry, or geopolitical competitors like Qatar in the case of Leterme).

They're standing up for their interests - and we're now standing up for ours. Because if we don't - there isn't a hope in hell of expecting any of that miserable bunch to take our perspective into account before passing judgement!

Their dealings with us throughout the FFP process have been duplicitous and disrespectful - is it any wonder we have started to reciprocate in kind? Who can blame us?

Again - a bit of balance in viewing our dealings with UEFA in any context more complex than the reductive, simplistic 'City are refusing to respect the upstanding governing body of their sport' line trotted out by Liew, Conn and their ilk would be an interesting piece for a proper journalist to explore in more detail.

Little danger of seeing that any time soon given the scruples of our press!

No problem. Great post

I sincerely hope a part of our plan if needed is to use gathered evidence of the points you mention

I'm assuming they were asked,seeing as we saw this coming i think maybe we would have discussed it with puma,silverlake and the chinese shareholders at least even though puma say they know nothing about it,it's a good solid response by them at least

Yeah the soriano e-mail has come out and what he said to the team on saturday as well,all calm and positive,i really hope we have got this,nervous months ahead

I think it will be years Kaz.

Suspended sentence for the next few years.

Things will carry on as they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.