UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn’t though, that’s what I mean. All that doc says is that the executive council were going to cover our 2011 sponsorship costs (6.1m at the time).
Right.

And the hacked emails say that ADUG were going to cover them.

So if we can prove the Executive Council paid them, that destroy's the main allegation we face?

@Prestwich_Blue I’ve just had a look at the initial Settlement Agreement(SA) and as I’m sure you know it covers the seasons from 2013/2014 up to and including 2015/2016

I’m UEFA’s statement on Friday they specify the penalty is for breaches from 2012-2016. Now given the Settlement Agreement and UEFA’s own 5 year limitation UEFA seem only able to investigate about 6 months worth of accounts(at best). Do I understand this correctly?

If so, how would UEFA go about reopening the 2014 SA? It would surely require a gross breach to even entertain the idea of reopening and overinflating sponsorship which allegedly happened during a period they already looked at seems pretty weak. But even if that is true, the punishment doesn’t really fit the ‘crime’. Unless they are accusing City of cooking the books for the best part of 5 years which, if true, then we would have bigger things to worry about than Sterling or Sane leaving - that would be an issue for the U.K. courts not UEFA’s imaginary one, surely?

Thanks in advance. But don’t be shy in calling me an idiot who’s got it all wrong....
As far as I'm aware they've reopened the 2014 settlement agreement. There's two potential issues with that. One is do they have the legal right to do that. The other is, did they do it in time. In other words they're not allowed to revisit a settled case more than 5 years after the original breach. Now they've taken the start of that period to be from when they published the sanctions, which was 16 May 2014. But that may be wrong as the date of the breach could have been as early as our 2013 year end, the day we submitted our return showing we were in breach or when they formally informed us of the breach. All of those would have pre-dated 16 May.

I cant deny that all this has upset me quite a bit last few days.
I lost my dad last year and still struggling to come to terms with it. He took me to Maine road and we had some good times.
I think we will get cleared but with VAR and the constant attacks on our club are making me contemplate not renewing and giving up on the game completely.
Maybe that was the authorities plan all along, I'm not sure anymore.

Not sure if posted earlier re the article in the guardian today.

They are basically reporting on Etihad airlines and leaked emails etc. In a nutshell Etihad state that our sponsorship deal is paid by them and shown in their accounts. The furore regarding the ADUG pay most of the delay is wrong. They lost over 3 billion and said they drew down on a loan provided by ADUG which works similar to a overdraft which most large companies have access to via banks or investors.

So yes ADUG did find the money but it wasn’t specifically for city and their accounts apparently show £160 plus million spent on sponsorship in that year.

i would hazard a guess and say emirates operate in a similar manner.

As said in previous posts Bayern are sponsored by Audi to the tune of £60 mill plus And they are directly owned by VW who also have a stake in the club! Go figure huh

It isn’t though, that’s what I mean. All that doc says is that the executive council were going to cover our 2011 sponsorship costs (6.1m at the time).
It was more than that but if Etihad weren't fully funding it themselves, why weren't ADUG funding the rest from the start? If the EC were funding it from Day 1, why would they suddenly change to ADUG funding it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.