Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its common City exercise .

Players don't get the attention of our scouts/board until their price is more than 50m.
We weren't looking for a striker at the time, still aren't , next summer we may be. We'll get what we think is the best we can afford at that time, so why worry about whether it's more than £50 mill or not.

Its common City exercise .

Players don't get the attention of our scouts/board until their price is more than 50m.

We weren't looking for a striker at the time, still aren't , next summer we may be. We'll get what we think is the best we can afford at that time, so why worry about whether it's more than £50 mill or not.

I don't know why anyone would want to have signed Haaland for £35m in January when he's on the market for £65m next summer.

Straight away, you're saving 8 or 9m on wages minimum, so the difference is closer to £20m, and for that Dortmund assume all risk, he gets to develop much faster playing every game and in a lower pressure environment and you can hold off any big decisions on Sergio or Jesus.

Whoever picks Haaland up after his 18 months at Dortmund will be getting a bargain. Dortmund are the ones who really benefit least but they desperately needed a striker to try and win the league this season.

His goals so far has been against very poor bundesliga teams, the last game against Leverkusen he went missing. Lets give this one sometime first.

I thought he played well, especially in the build up and was a bit unlucky chances didn't fall to him. He did exactly what Dortmund needed a striker to do though, he was that focal point for Sancho, Hazard and Brandt to play off and around.

You're the first person I've seen say he had a bad game.

They should have won, the defence is embarrassing and with PSG coming up in a week you do fear for them.

Please don't tell me you're still trying to peddle the bullshit line about him not being technical enough? It's just embarrassing at this point, anyone who watches him for 5 minutes can see he's got fantastic technique.
I think the previous poster (correct me if I'm wrong) means more along the lines of consistency of first touch, close control and overall technique in regard to involvement in the teams build-up play. He's a brilliant finisher, his technique in terms of striking a ball is second to none, it's very clean and clinical. He's also very good from a positioning and timing stance, which is an art form in itself.

However you very rarely see him (potentially due to lack of opportunity) involved in team play, he doesn't drop deep to create space, he doesn't offer easy keep ball options to midfielders, he doesn't appear to have awareness of other players either in regard to his movement, it's all very single minded goalscorer. That may be tactical, his managers may have urged him to just be an out and out goalscorer and not to get overly involved in general play, it's difficult to tell. His stats and goal ratios are outstanding, that's not always good enough in the real top teams though. He may have it, I don't think he does personally, but he doesn't show it on a consistent basis from admittedly the rare occasions I have watched him for 90 minutes. It's also difficult to see on a TV too, being at the game it maybe possible to see more of his movement and ability to create space for others.

Assuming the club doesn't get liquidated we have to get this guy. With his finishing he could potentially put up Lewandowski type stats in our system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.