UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I'm new here I don't understand who is who yet but I see a lot of information that has been provided by Prestwich Blue including the link to Cheesy's interview with him. Is he ITK? Or just a fan who has done a lot of research? I'm curious as many seem to hold the information he provides in high regard, should it be taken with a pinch of salt or not?

Yeah mate. He works for one of the top Sports Law companies in the World and has been used as a Subject Matter Expert by UEFA, FIFA and top European clubs like Barca and Real as a consultant on FFP matters. So pretty much what he says goes. Unlucky for all those lurkers who think he's just another fan speculating.

Anyway, welcome to the board. Your timing is shall we say....ahem...impeccable.

I was talking to someone who has had conversations with ‘senior people at City’ who was told we are very confident CAS will overturn it. That’s the problem though as nobody knows which way CAS will rule despite the mountain of evidence that appears to be in our favour. Fingers crossed that CAS does the right thing, but even if they don’t the club won’t just shrug their shoulders and accept it. We will take it to a higher court.

The CAS adjudicators are experienced professionals who have cultivated significant profiles as independent arbiters. They are capable of assessing everything in the round and making sound and sustainable judgements. In their determination, they have to address all matters raised and contested. Therefore if we can provide evidence proving that the funds came from the EC (the fulcrum of the matter), it will be impossible for CAS to argue otherwise in their determination. CAS cannot refute the irrefutable without bringing CAS as an institution into disrepute.

Assuming CAS takes our side, I think that the future for Der Spiegel is very bleak. It's one thing accepting stolen materials but an entirely separate thing to cherry-pick evidence to misrepresent the actions of the club. If we win at CAS, I expect that the club will bring an enormous defamation case against Der Spiegel.

welcome mate. @Prestwich_Blue is a fan who (I believe) is also an accountant. He sits on City Matters for Season Ticket Holders so regularly has access to the Club to a pretty high level (COO). I can only speak for myself but his research so far has been spot on. Forensic in nature and presented in a way the ordinary fan can understand. You need to make your own mind up but he is my 'go to' for anything on FFP.

Makes sense, I can only hope like the rest of us that what he says turns out to be accurate on this occasion too.

Yes, interesting. Wish we knew what this was about. Did UEFA, for example, mount a fishing expedition: "Send us all you emails for the last ten years."
Given Leterme's letter refusing to discuss the leaks and the alleged failure to read our evidence, they have a cheek.

GPDR. It's an actual real life law that means you cannot do that. Hell, if someone was to leave Manchester City then they have the right to be forgotten and all e-mails they were part of wiped off planet earth after a short period of time.

Yeah mate. He works for one of the top Sports Law companies in the World and has been used as a Subject Matter Expert by UEFA, FIFA and top European clubs like Barca and Real as a consultant on FFP matters. So pretty much what he says goes. Unlucky for all those lurkers who think he's just another fan speculating.

Anyway, welcome to the board. Your timing is shall we say....ahem...impeccable.

I'm not sure what you are implying in your last sentence, please can you clarify?

It's a nine club global business with ties to several major companies and with community projects and property deals also involved.

It isn't just City, CFG is doing business in japan, america, china, australia, india, south america, etc

You don't just walk away

Agreed, there's also a matter of honour here I'm sure.

Did we leak this to Martin Blackburn?

The huge UEFA cloud hovering over Manchester City has a £369 million Silver Lake lining. The US investment firm paid that sum for a 10% share in the CFG. All cash has been paid up front and gone straight into CFG coffers – rather than Sheikh Mansour’s pocket. [@SunMartinB]

I dont get this, SL investment is not an income for Man City on the books is it?

It doesnt do anything for us in terms of balancing our books in case of CL ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.