UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched the interview with Ian Cheeseman and Prestwich blue and the gist of it was that CAS can't overturn the decision but can mediate a lesser punishment, or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

My big question will CAS be okay with how Uefa opened the new case against us after the Der Spiegel promoting the hacked/stolen emails?

I dont think CAS had any similar case regarding Uefa/FFP earlier that had hacked/stolen data as proof or become a basis of an investigation at least I dont remember one.

That is the very first thing our expensive legal team has to explore imo.

That'll depend on what UEFA regs are. If it's within UEFA regs (which will obviously be argued if it's not completely clear), then CAS will be okay with it.

Colin, you seem really clued up on all this, in your own humble opinion, what’s the most likely outcome??
Who knows. Wheneveryyou go into court it's head to pedict the outcome. Who thought OJ Simpson would walk free?

I think we have a reasonably strong case on procedural grounds alone but whether that will be enough for City I dont know, as people will see it merely as getting off on a technicality. They may want to go onto the front foot and take the fight further.

Who knows. Wheneveryyou go into court it's head to pedict the outcome. Who thought OJ Simpson would walk free?

I think we have a reasonably strong case on procedural grounds alone but whether that will be enough for City I dont know, as people will see it merely as getting off on a technicality. They may want to go onto the front foot and take the fight further.
Was it wise then not to take Ceferin's deal? The down side is enormous. Tempting to think that City must be very confident CAS will rule in our favour.

I think CAS and UEFA are pretty much in bed together, that's my worry here. Might not matter one jot if we've got the right evidence to prove we are clean, I think the decision has already been made.
There is no evidence of that at all, in fact I would say there is more evidence to the contrary.

Yeah mate. He works for one of the top Sports Law companies in the World and has been used as a Subject Matter Expert by UEFA, FIFA and top European clubs like Barca and Real as a consultant on FFP matters. So pretty much what he says goes. Unlucky for all those lurkers who think he's just another fan speculating.

Anyway, welcome to the board. Your timing is shall we say....ahem...impeccable.
Don't forget I'm also David Conn's ghostwriter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.