Caroline Flack - rest in peace

and if he was to kill himself ? would that seem relevant?

he openly admits he suffers from mental health - yet he is still targeted with constant online abuse away from his opinions.

I don’t want him to kill himself, obviously but he’s a much larger **** than Flack was.

I feel for people with mental health issues but it doesn’t excuse them.

We all know he's a **** but that's just football rivalry. 90% of his Twitter trolls and post off here are continually calling him out for slapping ulrika about, regardless of his mental health issues which he often talks about. He was absolutely fuckin slaughtered in the press when he did that to her, ten times more than Caroline. And he never used a weapon.

Do you think he deserved any compassion at the time?

No I do not but then again Flack was harassed on Twitter prior to the incident and wasn’t a gobshite who brought abuse on herself.

Collymore is a worse person so it’s much harder to give compassion.

I think the people who look at it differently are those who whether or not it’s PC to say so they do see a difference between a man hitting a woman or a woman hitting a man, of course it’s not right to hit someone with anything but in my mind there’s a difference between a man and a woman hitting their partner
I’m sure people can name terrible cases of men being bullied and beaten by their partner but there’s always extreme cases in any argument

The tv shows she was the PRESENTER of are part of the reason people have no faith in society, paint themselves orange, put that crap in there lips, fuck people they don’t like, are thick, watch crap, wear nowt, can’t debate and generally win the race to the bottom. If you don’t like hearing that...enjoy the bottom and the shite you watch.

so bloody what we all have to work, to lay some of the blame for whats wrong with society at her is ridiculous, fuck sake me personal lay the blame on Thatcher for her 'me,me,me, and sod everyone else society'.
Mental health creeps up on you (I know), you think you are coping doing ok , for me I felt a down (as some of my posts on here show !) for sometime but I am a 60 yr bloke hard as nails, never bloody cry, but I have had a bad 9 years( than something snapped , not a major thing, was sent out doing littler pick from work , I just couldnt do it any longer picking up litter and fly tipping , why should I pick up there rubbish if they want to live like that let them !
That was it years and years of grief, hurt, anger, panic all started to come , now of work for a month or so awaiting counselling.
Just because you work on tv doesn't mean you are a robot you have feels and are as vulnerable as anyone.

I think the people who look at it differently are those who whether or not it’s PC to say so they do see a difference between a man hitting a woman or a woman hitting a man, of course it’s not right to hit someone with anything but in my mind there’s a difference between a man and a woman hitting their partner
I’m sure people can name terrible cases of men being bullied and beaten by their partner but there’s always extreme cases in any argument
I’m not sure I agree with you, certainly in terms of repeated physical abuse (I accept as a one-off, male-on-female violence is (ceteris paribus) more egregious). In cases of recidivism, abusers do it, as much as anything else, because they can, and because they’ve done so previously without any meaningful intervention or sanction. It is an abuse of power over someone who does not or cannot defend themselves, for whatever reason. On that basis, I personally draw little or no distinction between man and women committing violent acts on their partners.

Out of all the offending out there, domestic violence offends me as much as any other against an adult. You are supposed to protect the person you are with (or at least try to). For me, it is an affront to basic decency.

The CPS are wrong about the way they’ve approached certain offending in recent years, but not in relation to domestic violence imo. If other supporting evidence is there, put it before the courts.

Last edited:
so bloody what we all have to work, to lay some of the blame for whats wrong with society at her is ridiculous, fuck sake me personal lay the blame on Thatcher for her 'me,me,me, and sod everyone else society'.
Mental health creeps up on you (I know), you think you are coping doing ok , for me I felt a down (as some of my posts on here show !) for sometime but I am a 60 yr bloke hard as nails, never bloody cry, but I have had a bad 9 years( than something snapped , not a major thing, was sent out doing littler pick from work , I just couldnt do it any longer picking up litter and fly tipping , why should I pick up there rubbish if they want to live like that let them !
That was it years and years of grief, hurt, anger, panic all started to come , now of work for a month or so awaiting counselling.
Just because you work on tv doesn't mean you are a robot you have feels and are as vulnerable as anyone.
Good luck with that counselling.

I was in a relationship with a girl who attacked me on several occasions. We worked together with vulnerable people and my boss questioned whether she was suitable for working with people at risk. She had mental health issues and one night I spent hours physically stopping her from cutting her wrists. I actually broke the knife in doing so. I wish her luck but do sometimes wonder whether mental health has become trendy nowadays in that people use it as almost a badge of honour. It does not excuse domestic violence either way in a relationship. Social media is not the cause but in some instances it does not help.

I was in a relationship with a girl who attacked me on several occasions. We worked together with vulnerable people and my boss questioned whether she was suitable for working with people at risk. She had mental health issues and one night I spent hours physically stopping her from cutting her wrists. I actually broke the knife in doing so. I wish her luck but do sometimes wonder whether mental health has become trendy nowadays in that people use it as almost a badge of honour. It does not excuse domestic violence either way in a relationship. Social media is not the cause but in some instances it does not help.

There is an element of its trendy but I was honestly of that opinion myself, people just going into doctors saying I’m depressed for some time off work
I was in a very bad way mentally about 3 years ago worried about my health due to stupidity taking steroids for my skin condition without anyone knowing, I was having fits had blood in my poo and couldn’t get up out of bed, I finally had to go doctors and underwent all the tests to see the damage caused, luckily I had got away with it BUT I never once thought that the fits and attacks were solely down to my Anxiety about what I was doing to myself, it was only after 4/5 months I saw the doctors notes with 3 saying my Anxiety was of the chart, I had never discussed it with any of them but they could tell what my problem was
I think what I’m trying to say is I never had any idea that mental health could have such an effect on you physically

also it will be on the rise with today’s culture, this isn’t an insult on today’s youth but things used to get to much for people with 3 kids and a mortgage, bills to pay and not enough money,
Now you see people in despair because they’ve been “ offended “

I think everyone has borderline mental health issues but it's all about how you perceive it and deal with it. We are much more open about it which is amazing but revealing it to all and sundry can leave you open to attacks. And the media and publicity channels don't need any encouragement in doing that.

You want to read the Stan Collymore thread. Twatted ulrika, mental health issues. Yet there won't be one post on that thread giving him any sort of compassion

Why do you think that is?

Where’s the compassion from Collymore in the bile he writes and tweets?

You can’t criticise and abuse others in a nicer way by putting it in an article and then when you get the fall out claim mental health.

I could call you the worse things under the sun and then when you and others give me shit for it claim you’re affecting my mental health as if it’s some sort of free cop out for the actions you have taken.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.