Wenger wants to change offside

is there day light or not ? is there day light between the armpits ? so instead of having the line drawn on the front of the defender and attacker leading foot, its now drawn at the back of the defender and attacker non leading foot....still the same problem !
There will still be marginal calls, but at least it will do what was supposed to be the rule now and give the benefit of doubt to the attacker. A benefit that has now been removed leading to armits offside. With this then the attackers will actually have to be in front of the Defender. If it happened I'd be telling players to play as to the old rule so they should be fairly sure they are staying on side, where now it can depend which way they are leaning, or when the frame is taken.

But how do you not see that this solves nothing in terms of forensically analysing goals. Instead of analysing whether someone’s pube is infront of the last defenders armpit hair, it just shifts the forensic analysis further back to look at whether the dead skin on the striker’s heel is level with the defender’s armpit hair. It’s exactly the same frustration. More goals will be deemed onside than before, of course. But it does not remove the forensic analysis. There will be the same number of overruled goals based on millimetres, but more goals overall.
Does feel like they are just placing the shoe on the other foot so to speak. But that will mean more goals for entertainment value I suppose.

But how do you not see that this solves nothing in terms of forensically analysing goals. Instead of analysing whether someone’s pube is infront of the last defenders armpit hair, it just shifts the forensic analysis further back to look at whether the dead skin on the striker’s heel is level with the defender’s armpit hair. It’s exactly the same frustration. More goals will be deemed onside than before, of course. But it does not remove the forensic analysis. There will be the same number of overruled goals based on millimetres, but more goals overall.

My opinion i should add is if VAR is here to stay.

Personally we should fuck it off, go back to the linesman calling it and talking about it in the pub for a few days afterwards.

Arsene Wenger is the driving force behind a move to re-write the offside law to bring an end to controversial borderline VAR decisions. Wenger believes attacking players should be deemed onside if ANY part of their body is in line with the last opponent.

Thoughts?
Doesn’t fix the issue. The main issue currently is that no attention is placed on when the ball leaves the foot of the “passer”. Coupled with the fact that the frame rate is too small, fix this issue and until then trust the assistants. They do a very hard job and IMO get this right most of the time.

There will still be marginal calls, but at least it will do what was supposed to be the rule now and give the benefit of doubt to the attacker. A benefit that has now been removed leading to armits offside. With this then the attackers will actually have to be in front of the Defender. If it happened I'd be telling players to play as to the old rule so they should be fairly sure they are staying on side, where now it can depend which way they are leaning, or when the frame is taken.

true with this rule I guess most of this season 'no goals' would have stood. But we know some teams will change the way the attackers player to can a extra yard. All the time we have shit refs and the decision made in the shed we will get shit calls. First they should get the technology that shows when the pass is made , not a burred egg shape looking ball and foot.

It makes a huge difference as strikers now are checking they are behind defenders only then for them to be found offside by their toes! No striker I know looks along the line trying to evaluate moving feet whilst unable to see his own feet. In short, torso should be used and even better if any part of the torso being in line being onside as that means more goals.

Why can’t we just have it where the ref looks at the monitor and uses his own judgement to decide whether it’s onside or not? No drawing lines and looking at millimetres. Just look at the screen and make a decision. It might be forensically wrong or it might be forensically correct, but I can live with that. It’s corrupt no matter what, so we might as well make it fast corruption rather than drawn out.

All it needs is a margin of error to be added to current rules. We all know that where they draw the line and when the ball is passed cannot be judged with total accuracy so this will benefit the attacker in those marginal calls which is what it's supposed to be.
But then we just end up looking at whether it’s millimetres in or out of the margin of error and it’s the same problem. Then the margin of error gets a margin of error and it goes on!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.