Wenger wants to change offside

Scrap VAR for offsides full stop and leave it to the liners. One quick look at 99% of offsides can tell whether or not we think hes on or off and VAR is just complicating it massively. If a 4th official or whoever they are think its a massively glaring mistake, tell the ref to go and look at it on the monitor. No stupid lines or creating offsides, have a quick look and decide. That would be a millon times better than VAR drawing stupid lines regardless of where they set that boundary.

If they reckon they are using 50 fps, then why don't they use 3 sequential frames to overcome that they cant tell the precise moment the ball will passed, if hes visually ( No shit lines) off in all 3 then its a VAR offisde, otherwise its onside as the distance the attacker may have move in 6/100ths of a second isn't deemed an advantage and any benefit of doubt goes to the attacker.

Arsene Wenger is the driving force behind a move to re-write the offside law to bring an end to controversial borderline VAR decisions. Wenger believes attacking players should be deemed onside if ANY part of their body is in line with the last opponent.

Thoughts?
How about he argues for the ball being in play until it is wholly across the line. Of course that would most likely have ended with Arsenal losing a cup semi final against City, so not much chance on that one.

If they reckon they are using 50 fps, then why don't they use 3 sequential frames to overcome that they cant tell the precise moment the ball will passed, if hes visually ( No shit lines) off in all 3 then its a VAR offisde, otherwise its onside as the distance the attacker may have move in 6/100ths of a second isn't deemed an advantage and any benefit of doubt goes to the attacker.
The idea I like best from what I've heard is thicker lines and if the lines overlap the on field decision stands.

Scrap VAR for offsides full stop and leave it to the liners. One quick look at 99% of offsides can tell whether or not we think hes on or off and VAR is just complicating it massively. If a 4th official or whoever they are think its a massively glaring mistake, tell the ref to go and look at it on the monitor. No stupid lines or creating offsides, have a quick look and decide. That would be a millon times better than VAR drawing stupid lines regardless of where they set that boundary.

We need this before football is ruined. I have been going to City since 1977. VAR is ruining my enjoyment. Goal/ref gives it/lino ok crack on. 1 inch 2 inch offsides are a fucking joke. SORT IT before it is toooooooooooooooooooo late. The Spurs match for me last year when i was going bonkers at our last minute goal only to have my heart broken by VAR. I think it has been down hill since then.

Arsene Wenger is the driving force behind a move to re-write the offside law to bring an end to controversial borderline VAR decisions. Wenger believes attacking players should be deemed onside if ANY part of their body is in line with the last opponent.

Thoughts?

I posted on this forum some months ago when it was clear that the offside law via VAR was as variable as the rest of the VAR decisions depending on who was the beneficiary, I thought the idea of 'daylight' was a better option than being level, but I suspect that whatever changes they make to the offside law nothing will improve. When it comes down to the Whistling Wankers in the Whelk Shed at Stockley we will get the same old shit!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.