UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a way to deal with this. Offer UEFA to do a complete forensic analysis of our accounts for the last x years. Scope so that they can pick the accountants, give them full access, but they can't disclose
commercial secrets but free to comment on our compliance. We pay. No doubt small discrepances will appear, but so what? Would prove our innocence. (I trust)

Except they have leaked sensitive information throughout this sorry episode so why would City trust them just because they said honestly we wont tell anyone. There would be a leak, Uefa would deny it was them, there would be another and City would walk away, the press would then blame us. I would not trust Uefa to do anything of a confidential nature. Even if it wasn't leaked to the media, Gill, Parry and the rest would know all about it.

I believe the tide may be starting to turn. I would have expected Souness to be fair but that went beyond the call of duty. Quinn usually has a pop as well and he was supportive.

agree...seems that some are starting to see what it is and what it has been all about

Its a shame that it takes something like this to happen against our club for it to start getting discussed

I agree. My question is more an academic one than anything else. I just can't square the circle of how UEFA and City can both apparently be so confident in their respective positions regarding the substance of the charges against us and I'd very much like to know.
I know. Then again, you're the lawyer. I guess it's both sides playing hard ball. Normally one side will back down after pre trial submissions. But this hasn't happened as we wouldn't accept even a fine.
In this case I suspect UEFA have been backed into a corner by the old G14 clubs - which begs the question as to whether both FFP bodies (investigatory and judicial) are actually independant.
I think that the G14 old boys are demanding UEFA attack us as the price of them not breaking away. It's the only thing that makes sence.

My boss’ masked slipped at work today. Talking about dodgy deals by arabs and they cant be trusted. No evidence or substance to the argument. Doesn’t seem the type, but thats what a media pushing “dirty arabs” agenda does.
Turns all half-baked football fans into city haters for the audacity of having a guy from UAE as an owner
And this is the narrative that underpins it all isn't it. Same comments made in my local pub last week by two Liverpool fans who had no idea that the four people they were talking to while watching the Forest-Leeds game on TV were a City fan, United fan, and two Blackburn Rovers fans. The exact phrase used was: "City are just in with the Arabs. The dirty cheating bastards" These sort of comments are being made in private and have been made for the last 10 years...not just in pubs but also workplaces I have been in. Racism is a strong element in the way the media have covered our club and its owners. If we had American oil baron owners none of this would have happened and UEFA would not have sanctioned us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.