UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Directors are lying to us we would never forgive them.

After seeing that I don’t think they are.

A friend of mine went to a CL corporate match many years ago and got talking to a UEFA official. After a bit the official said I hate your club and what it is doing and walked off.

I thought it weird then. A bit clearer now.

No this is exactly why I said what I said.

As soon as you make it in-house you guarantee the entire media treats it like baseless propaganda. Harris' reaction is exactly what I expected and it'll be what they all say.

It's much better to try and find an interview with some soft presenter wants to be part of a big story on a neutral channel while retaining as much editorial control as they will concede.

Its possible they tried and couldn't get the control they wanted, but with the interview as it is, only City fans will take it seriously and I dont think they needed to convince us.

Harris is beyond the pale. Nothing we could say would make him change his views on City. Too risky to have anything but an in house interview at these crucial times.

Interesting that he distinguishes UEFA as an organisation from the FFP chambers. Trying to get my head round that. Is it a subtle appeal to the fans not to hold this against UEFA as a whole or merely trying to exclude his personal friends and business associates from the corruption taking place ?
To my mind, his statement is in line with Khaldoon’s ‘we know who they are’ pronouncements.
Separating the real rogues from the herd.

No this is exactly why I said what I said.

As soon as you make it in-house you guarantee the entire media treats it like baseless propaganda. Harris' reaction is exactly what I expected and it'll be what they all say.

It's much better to try and find an interview with some soft presenter wants to be part of a big story on a neutral channel while retaining as much editorial control as they will concede.

Its possible they tried and couldn't get the control they wanted, but with the interview as it is, only City fans will take it seriously and I dont think they needed to convince us.
You’ve written a lot of good stuff recently but I think you’re wrong here.

Nothing to be gained by sitting in front of anyone other than in-house at this point, we’ve reaffirmed our position which is what the fans needed to hear, and we’ve sent a message to the people at UEFA that we are not shirking or scared of where we are at.

Job done, for now.

Interesting that he distinguishes UEFA as an organisation from the FFP chambers. Trying to get my head round that. Is it a subtle appeal to the fans not to hold this against UEFA as a whole or merely trying to exclude his personal friends and business associates from the corruption taking place ?
I thought exactly that. To me that was saying he wouldnt want us to protest against Madrid with anything to major.

If the Directors are lying to us we would never forgive them.

After seeing that I don’t think they are.

A friend of mine went to a CL corporate match many years ago and got talking to a UEFA official. After a bit the official said I hate your club and what it is doing and walked off.

I thought it weird then. A bit clearer now.
Your friend should have punched the **** in the face.

I think FFP was a conspiracy directed against only us from the start.

UEFA got us to commit to a system all our enemies were moderating.

Once they got us to sign up to FFP, they began their real objective of trying to destroy us.

Forensically going over all our sponsor revenue looking for discrepancies.

I hope we take this all the way to the very top.

Because theres a lot more credibility to any kind if statement or interview that's not done with the in house media.
We can't do one now because it could undermine our own legal case with CAS. It is just too risky. We can do those after the case if we want. This was the right thing to do now because we can fully control the messages. It was designed to reassure our fans, investors, staff. The UK media can't be trusted to get it right. Another issue is that we may be plannng to sue some media operators after the CAS hearing. That will be harder if we co-operate with them now.

Why on earth Harris expects the club to respond reasonably to any questions he puts to us after his recent performances in reporting 'objectively' on anything to with the club is way beyond me.

His attitude to the club is entirely duplicitous and disrespectful, so frankly I'm delighted the club is taking the position of ignoring his attempts to engage.

Why bother attempting to engage with someone who has demonstrated no intention to attempt anything approaching professional integrity or objectivity in his reporting?

Shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near the ground, snivelling twat!

Exactly.

Hilarious seeing Miggles Delaney calling Stefan's first part "unreadable" and "impenetrable". Quite a scary admission for a journalist to make. Not sure he realises quite he stupid he looks at times.

Apparently he has tweeted over 640,000 times during his Twitter tenure.

This would suggest..

A) A loner
B) Needs for recognition
C) Has no partner or sex life
D) Lives on his own
E) Narcissistic
F) Has no life
G) Needy
H) All of the above

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.