West Ham (H) - Post-Match Thread

He broke the pass record.

His percentage of successful passes vs actual passes was excellent.

I swear the human race really fucking concerns me sometimes.

It’s unbelievable the absolute shite some people come out with and think it’s okay.
————-
If it has distracted them, then they did not show it here. Aided by the industrious David Silva and the steady presence of Rodri - whose 178 completed passes was a Premier League record since detailed data collection began in 2003-04

standard result - ok performance - controlled and never threatened - feel for the hammers fans as that team didnt even try to get a result

Some good performances from Walker, KDB, D.Silva and Kun

That performance from Jesus shows why there is a real concern about Aguero hanging up his boots - Jesus is just not a natural goalscorer - he works hard and his performance in the build up is very good - but infront of goal he just doesnt have it - he has had 3 years now and he isnt looking like improving - we need to look elsewhere and that could be difficult with the recent developments unless they are overturned.

Next game Leicester and we will need to up our performance.

Crowd were subdued (and low attendance) - is that cause it was re arragned and the time of Kick off (slightly earlier) or because of this weeks news and some fans have given up hope - what was the feeling from inside the stadium from those there??????
I think it's called apathy?

That penalty call on Sergio was outrageous.

I fear for a West Ham. It would be a sad curtain call for Zabba.

It reminded me of the dipper penalty last season at Fulham when the keeper dropped the ball then grabbed Salah. Of course that one was given. It was a penalty and a red. These are the decisions we rarely get but certain clubs do.

I couldn't believe how bad West Ham were, woeful is being kind.

The VAR cúnts again blind for a blatant penalty. Hand balls in the area of Kuns pubes.
Don't forget that VAR have been given instructions (brown envelopes) to make sure the scum get at least 5th place so they wear eye shades so they can get a good sleep during our games.

I'm convinced it's a confidence thing. Sané and Aguero play with supreme confidence, whereas Sterling and Jesus sometimes seem to get stuck in their own heads at times. It's definitely something that needs addressing eventually, because whilst they're both excellent prospects who will almost certainly succeed in their careers regardless, we'd want them to reach their fullest potential. My hope is that the two of them will end up better players for these troubles, but it does rely on them getting past them.
It's odd, because finishing is a totally teachable skill that they presumably practice a lot (at least I hope they do), but just like taking penalties, it's different doing it in a game situation. The best players in any sport talk about time seeming to slow down when they're in the zone, but for Sterling and Jesus it's almost like it speeds up. That's probably more of a mental thing, but should still be addressable.

Dzeko was an interesting case - it seemed like he was a significantly better finisher when he hit the ball first time. If he took a touch and thought about it, he was much crapper. Maybe Sterling and Jesus (and half the team, really) should try letting their natural instincts take over and just hit it first time when they get a sight of goal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.