Var debate 2019/20

Just standard now , expect this shit now ever game , more it happens less I care about the game
It may be standard but it still needs calling out each and every time. I see Bluehammer has not been around this thread since United/Chelsea stitch up or tonights varce.

It may be standard but it still needs calling out each and every time. I see Bluehammer has not been around this thread since United/Chelsea stitch up or tonights varce.

I said a while ago BH had painted himself into a corner with his VAR comments.

Sometimes you have to hold your hands up and call it out for what it is..!

Without trawling back through his quotes, he kept banging on about how it will do away with players diving in the area to win penalties..

Well Mr BH, you read this thread as it's close to your heart..

Tell me why VAR didn't award us a penalty against your team last night as when I got home and saw the sky reply, it was as clear and obvious as you could get..!

It took the sky pundit 5 seconds to tell me it was a penalty but I don't even recall it being reviewed by VAR in the stadium.

The score was 0-0 at the time..

Fuck VAR..!

The sad thing about it is i am now not cheering when we score a goal because i expect it to not stand. Even last night with both goals perfectly fine i was still expecting VAR to discover something that happened 2 weeks ago so they could be chalked off. When nothing was found, the moment had gone and again i was left with a sort of empty feeling. The style of football is something us oldies could have only dreamt about but i feel very sad for the football fan going forward if you can not 'celebrate the moment'.

Just seen Sergio being pulled back in the area on Sky..

Called it when I was there as I sit in CB3, in line with the 18 yard box. .

He wasn't offside.. What the fuck is VAR for if it cannot analyse this foul, confirm Sergio was onside and fouled in the area..!

The score was 0-0 at the time..!

It's f'kin bent, there's no other word for it ..!

Can you tell when the ref blew his whistle? I can't see how he could have blown in the instant between flag going up and the grapple, so VAR should have been able to review it.

If the whistle is blown however, VAR can't view what happens afterwards for a DOGSO. That's the only get-out I can think of.

As someone said on another thread - Football is in a very bad place at the moment, it runs the risk of becoming 'just another sport'

Can you tell when the ref blew his whistle? I can't see how he could have blown in the instant between flag going up and the grapple, so VAR should have been able to review it.

If the whistle is blown however, VAR can't view what happens afterwards for a DOGSO. That's the only get-out I can think of.

The game didnt stop and of course VAR can look and tell the ref its a penalty as they did at Spurs.

I said a while ago BH had painted himself into a corner with his VAR comments.

Sometimes you have to hold your hands up and call it out for what it is..!

Without trawling back through his quotes, he kept banging on about how it will do away with players diving in the area to win penalties..

Well Mr BH, you read this thread as it's close to your heart..

Tell me why VAR didn't award us a penalty against your team last night as when I got home and saw the sky reply, it was as clear and obvious as you could get..!

It took the sky pundit 5 seconds to tell me it was a penalty but I don't even recall it being reviewed by VAR in the stadium.

The score was 0-0 at the time..

Fuck VAR..!

Clearly any opinion of wanting technological help for referees means I’m a clear advocate for VAR, can not count the amount of times I’ve stated my opinon for and AGAINST VAR and improvements it can make to be better.

As your so clearly against VAR , do you want me to highlight every decision in the lower league that refs get wrong ? And use that to justify that you love having no VAR and all was happy with the refs decisions ?

I‘ve not seen any footie except West Ham last night so I can’t comment on every f*ckin individual incident and try and justify it - refs will get it wrong, VAR will get it wrong, and no sport is without its flaws - especially football where there’s hundreds of grey areas and where the tribal mentality of fans will not see things rationally.

VAR can and has limited the amount of incorrect decisions given in previous years - but it’s going to take many years to implement and improve - it should never have been rushed in at once and instead should have for this season, just been used for red card incidents for example, and next season for something else - just one example of the cons for VAR for me, but I’ve stated them many many times.

I apologise for not wanting to go back to football where I witness many teams scoring MILES offside, BLATENT diving and many other incidences - something had to give, VAR is a way forward but it’s far from perfect.

can’t repeat myself anymore.

Clearly any opinion of wanting technological help for referees means I’m a clear advocate for VAR, can not count the amount of times I’ve stated my opinon for and AGAINST VAR and improvements it can make to be better.

As your so clearly against VAR , do you want me to highlight every decision in the lower league that refs get wrong ? And use that to justify that you love having no VAR and all was happy with the refs decisions ?

I‘ve not seen any footie except West Ham last night so I can’t comment on every f*ckin individual incident and try and justify it - refs will get it wrong, VAR will get it wrong, and no sport is without its flaws - especially football where there’s hundreds of grey areas and where the tribal mentality of fans will not see things rationally.

VAR can and has limited the amount of incorrect decisions given in previous years - but it’s going to take many years to implement and improve - it should never have been rushed in at once and instead should have for this season, just been used for red card incidents for example, and next season for something else - just one example of the cons for VAR for me, but I’ve stated them many many times.

I apologise for not wanting to go back to football where I witness many teams scoring MILES offside, BLATENT diving and many other incidences - something had to give, VAR is a way forward but it’s far from perfect.

can’t repeat myself anymore.

Did you watch your team last night?

I was there..

What do you think of the pull back on Sergio by your defender?

Why wasn't it reviewed by VAR?

Do you think it was a penalty?

Do you think your defender should have been sent off?

When I got home last night the Sky presenter informed me Sergio was on side and blatantly pulled back..

A definite penalty he said. He reviewed it and called it correctly in 10 f'kin seconds..!

A clear and obvious error by the ref that VAR was implemented to cut out..!

It wasn't even reviewed.. I assume you're OK with this as like you say, it'll be years before VAR is working correctly..

What a load of bollocks..!!

Why will it take many years for VAR to be implemented correctly?

It's straight forward, the laws of the game are written down, adhere to them in conjunction with VAR and there's no problem..

Refereeing teams differently and hiding behind 'teething issues' regarding VAR is THE problem ..!

It's cheating right in front of our eyes but you can't see it, I can and judging from what I read on here many more can too.!

It stinks, it allows different interpretation of the laws, dependant on which team is involved, nobody likes it going by the fuck VAR chants that go around the stadiums up and down the Country, except for the swamp and dipper central, funny that eh!!

Also funny is said 2 shitholes don't have big screens installed, that's funny too don't you think..?

Like I said previously, you have nailed your colours to the VAR mast and are very much mistaken if you think this will be good for the game of football..

What it is, is another nail in the coffin for the game in gereral..!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.