UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No it didn't sail over my head - I nor the previous poster wasn't suggesting a media feeding frenzy open to all but simply a neutral journalist (even friendly ) asking the questions. The outcome (in terms of control on brief) would have largely been the same but the message would have had more credibility for those that our neutral or even sceptical (the wider public) as it would have been seen as partly emanating from a neutral / credible source not an employee. If a dentist who made a particular toothpaste or worked for a toothpaste manufacturer told you it was good / far better than others or another independent dentist who had no financial or emotional interest in the product told you the same who do you think people would tend to believe the most ?

Last edited:
The Souness thing. I cant remember too many instances of a panelist/ pundit, interrupting a presenter to correct him. All 3 said no you're wrong, city didn't vote for ffp. They were quite forceful too. People like Souness and Keane must think 'who the feck are you?' When some no mark tries to make an uneducated point about football - others are just told what to think and do it.

I wish we would replace Etihad with something like Amazon with a mega deal soon. Whatever is Etihad paying us know, a stadium sponsor name plus shirt sponsor must worth a lot of money combined. I think the original agreement was for 10 years in 2011 for the stadium name. End of next season it could be changing.

Get in a 5 year deal with Amazon for 150m fee per year for shirt+ stadium name combo. Imagine Nick Harris and the rest of rotten twitter clowns. haha

Actually, if Etihad still want to sponsor us I want the letters bigger on the shirt and plastered everywhere confirming our association for the right price.........

Personally I'd rather Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority rock up with £200m a year

I think enough information has come out that we can already take a stab at what happened or at least Citys version of it.

The out of context emails say ADUG paid for Etihad which would be breaking FFP. We now know thanks to @Prestwich_Blue that this is not what actually happened and the executive council paid - fine by FFP.

Leterme has a history of ignoring evidence he doesn't like without justification. This is known from the PSG case where he ignored independent valuation to benefit PSG despite the objections of the other people on the investigatory panel.

If ADUG did not pay the sponsorship this would be recorded in bank statements/transfers which would be conclusive and "irrefutable"

Soriano says that the CFCB relied more on the out of context emails than anything the club gave them.

A possible narrative is forming about what happened in the IC.

But what are the AC doing in all this? Why did they rubber stamp it if it's so easily overturned at CAS, which it would be if that's what happened.
I can think of two reasons. Firstly, mud sticks. We could be completely exonerated and the damage to our reputation would still be vast. Secondly, it makes our summer recruitment more difficult with this over our heads. Hopefully it will be sorted in good time, but there’s a risk it won’t be. We know this is political, so it’s just a case of looking for ways in which this is inconvenient for us... and then that’s why they are doing it.

No it didn't sail over my head - I nor the previous poster wasn't suggesting a media feeding frenzy open to all but simply a neutral journalist (even friendly ) asking the questions. The outcome would have largely been the same but the message would have had more credibility for those that our neutral or even sceptical (the wider public) as it would have been seen as partly emanating from a neutral / credible source not an employee. If a dentist who made a particular toothpaste or worked for a toothpaste manufacturer told you it was good / far better than others or another independent dentist who had no financial or emotional interest in the product told you the same who do you think people would tend to believe the most ?

But the endorsement from dentists are included in an advert which is funded, filmed and edited by the company who want to promote the product.

If a dentist said Colgate is a load of shit and rots your teeth I have a feeling it wouldn’t make the final cut.

Is it me or has there been a bit of a sea change in the media coverage over the last 24 hours? Perhaps a few have woken up to the fact that nothing is as clear cut as they would like it to be.

They media want the ban to happen as their hordes of plastic dipper and rag readers will lap it up. Then there is putting yourself on the right side of the story of its out come, which is pretty obvious where it’s going and which party is in the wrong here.

No it didn't sail over my head - I nor the previous poster wasn't suggesting a media feeding frenzy open to all but simply a neutral journalist (even friendly ) asking the questions. The outcome (in terms of control on brief) would have largely been the same but the message would have had more credibility for those that our neutral or even sceptical (the wider public) as it would have been seen as partly emanating from a neutral / credible source not an employee. If a dentist who made a particular toothpaste or worked for a toothpaste manufacturer told you it was good / far better than others or another independent dentist who had no financial or emotional interest in the product told you the same who do you think people would tend to believe the most ?
And your still going on, read the comments under Simon stone's tweet, bet your bank balance has a few noughts for that article.
I may not be the most intelligent poster on bluemoon, but I know when people are talking shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.