Don’t Blame Fans For The Empty Seats

Disagree I bet most of the travelling blues didn't go. Why do you thing alot of people want to know hours before ko on that Saturday because we travel ! I guess alot of blues from kent and Essex etc couldnt make, everytime we come up from kent we see a coach load from chelmsford. WHU didnt have many there and a fair few City fans are based beyond London !!
Not having a go, just genuinely interested; what made last nights game so difficult? Plenty of notice I would’ve thought? Will Madrid be as difficult, is it just midweek games?

It normally takes me roughly 35 mins from near Hope Hospital to get the game.

Last night 2 hours; Trinity Way was gridlocked all the way up to the MEN arena, then Angel Street past the Co-Op Building was one lane and partly closed.

Everything nearly conspired to stop me and I nearly gave up, but thankfully just got in the ground on time.

Every sympathy with those who struggled.

Well said that.
I was there, but living where I do that wasn't a stretch
If we'd been able to accommodate a rearrangement later in the season the attendance would have been better - oh for the days when our season was over by now and we could have picked any week we wanted
There is another reason and the club really need to work this one out. I put my ticket on the exchange and it was up for sale for FIFTY-THREE pounds. West Ham, managed by David Moyes, midweek, rearranged and they think £53 is the right price point? Ideal opportunity to get some young blood in. It’s no wonder we have some empty spaces....

Last edited:
People going on about not doing the north stand, make it £100 season ticket and you will fill it, years ago there was not much to do as a kid but go to football or play it, the amount of stuff available for kids now is unreal, my daughter does gymnastics cheerleading and ju jitsu that every week night taken up with an activity all after 5pm. It costs us around £110 a month to do all that, plus travelling etc. Football just isn’t life anymore for a lot of people.

Yeah won’t happen but that is the way to go if we wanted to increase the fan base long term and involve more of our working class fans. Lots of whom are having to stop going or are really struggling to justify the spiralling cost of a season ticket. Not like they couldn’t afford it and it would help build some sort of rapport between the club and fans which has sadly been disappearing for a few years. Doubt it would do the atmosphere any harm either has they could finally have an end where they could plan for all the one’s who want to sing to be together.

People going on about not doing the north stand, make it £100 season ticket and you will fill it

Trouble is you will be filling it with Blues that currently have a season ticket in other parts of the ground who currently pay a lot more for a ST. Who is going to take their more expensive seats up once they have moved to the North Stand? It really wouldn't solve the problem at all.

I know it does not suit many but the 7.30 kick off suited me. Left at normal time, got normal train, rushed my second pint but for the main thing for me was getting the 2201 train for the first time for years and that meant getting home nearly two hours earlier instead of waiting at Piccadilly Station.

Roads are crap with train services not much better.

Where do you live, mate, just out of interest?
The one and only time I left a few minutes before the final whistle, I absolutely had to, because I had only one possible train to catch from Piccadilly down to London, and then a flight the next morning. (I always walk back down Ashton New Road to the station, if you queue for the tram, you're talking about a twenty minute wait right there, that's after you've fought your way through the crowds to get to the north end of the stadium).

Trouble is you will be filling it with Blues that currently have a season ticket in other parts of the ground who currently pay a lot more for a ST. Who is going to take their more expensive seats up once they have moved to the North Stand? It really wouldn't solve the problem at all.

Maybe have a certain amount that they sell at that price for each match rather than as season tickets in a big section. I doubt people would all suddenly give up their season tickets for tickets that aren’t sat with their mates or even certain they’d be able to get one for the big games. Providing they stop taking the piss with needles price increases every year on current season tickets.

Maybe have a certain amount that they sell at that price for each match rather than as season tickets in a big section. I doubt people would all suddenly give up their season tickets for tickets that aren’t sat with their mates or even certain they’d be able to get one for the big games. Providing they stop taking the piss with needles price increases every year on current season tickets.

The poster I replied to was suggesting £100 season tickets which obviously wouldn't work for the reason I pointed out. If you made it a no season ticket stand with just match day tickets, you still have the problem that people who currently buy match day tickets in other parts of the ground will just buy in the new, cheap stand and there will be no one to take up the tickets elsewhere. It would certainly boost overall attendances but wouldn't solve the empty seat dilemma.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.