UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No it didn't sail over my head - I nor the previous poster wasn't suggesting a media feeding frenzy open to all but simply a neutral journalist (even friendly ) asking the questions. The outcome (in terms of control on brief) would have largely been the same but the message would have had more credibility for those that our neutral or even sceptical (the wider public) as it would have been seen as partly emanating from a neutral / credible source not an employee. If a dentist who made a particular toothpaste or worked for a toothpaste manufacturer told you it was good / far better than others or another independent dentist who had no financial or emotional interest in the product told you the same who do you think people would tend to believe the most ?

You are correct in your assertion that a "neutral journalist" would give more credibility to the interview and I'm sure most posters on BM can appreciate that without the need for analogies

Apparently the club with input from their legal representatives thought long and hard about doing this interview to assure fans of the situation and, of course, getting their message out there and decided the best way was to produce it themselves thus have 100% editorial control.

If there was a neutral journalist available, are you suggesting that the production should also have been done by a "neutral" media organisation or in house because there is no way that City could allow the production, even with editorial control, imagine the cutting being accidentally released.

So, if they had gone down the neutral journalist route the narrative would have been, he/she is just a puppet, have been bought off by City, there would have been some professional jealousy as well Look, it's been produced by City they have edited to suit their agenda etc.

In short the club couldn't win unless they totally opened it up to all comers and, that was never going to happen due to the legal ramifications of any mistake. The ONLY possible way was to do it as they did, totally control with it being vetted by the legal representatives before release

A lot of media all of a sudden very sympathetic to us... To sell more papers/clicks?? Or do they now know something we don't and are on a charm offensive to avoid being dragged into something when we win??
Does make you wonder if they've had a letter saying, when we win this we're coming after you, if you don't stop with the shit.

Highlighting the farce in one sentence.
Predominantly we know the shit against us is coming from scum, dippers, bayern, real, barce and psg, not sure about juventus. Then there’s additionally domestic sniping from chelsea and arsenal. The fact that uefa and the pl are both so inter twined with these same clubs and both sets of parties rely on each other is the true disease in football, and the biggest symptom of that disease is ffp; the only people allowed to have access to the medicine are scum, dippers, real, bayern, barce etc

Does make you wonder if they've had a letter saying, when we win this we're coming after you, if you don't stop with the shit.
Makes me think more about the substance of Soriano’s message the other day and the more I think about it the more I think City are playing this right.
It was a message to the fans, but there was just enough vagueness of veiled threats in there to get quite a few of our adversaries in a cold sweat.

The bit at the end about the tone of some of the language used in reporting this probably has a few worrying, coupled with the growing fear that maybe, just maybe, City have a point and might just win this.

Another thing about the content struck me. When Soriano emphasised how there are many people in UEFA doing very good work for football and it is the FFP we have a problem with, could he be telling them what Khaldoon alluded to. We hear everything. Maybe we have a few moles of our own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.