UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So which one would
But the endorsement from dentists are included in an advert which is funded, filmed and edited by the company who want to promote the product.

Who said anyhting about an adver
But the endorsement from dentists are included in an advert which is funded, filmed and edited by the company who want to promote the product.

If a dentist said Colgate is a load of shit and rots your teeth I have a feeling it wouldn’t make the final cut.
Who said anything about an advert ... if you want to take your example of an advert ... who would have more credibility a dentist working for Colgate or an independent one. Indeed if it was an employee they probably wouldn't be able to use them in an ad as it would probably be deemed as misleading by the ASA or they would have to state that they were an employee which would ensure that their endorsement lacked credibility and gravitas or at best neutralise it. Again if you want to understand more on the subject look at at some articles on attitude change , source credibility, and social judgment theory ... and in the meantime let's agree to disagree

He’s also a really good genuine and down to earth guy I hate the fact that some City fans were abusing him at a recent match Luckily he’s big enough to not let that cloud his view
He is brutally honest even when it comes to himself. Glad he is so supportive when it comes to us. Look at this for breath-taking honesty

Does make you wonder if they've had a letter saying, when we win this we're coming after you, if you don't stop with the shit.
Makes me think more about the substance of Soriano’s message the other day and the more I think about it the more I think City are playing this right.
It was a message to the fans, but there was just enough vagueness of veiled threats in there to get quite a few of our adversaries in a cold sweat.

The bit at the end about the tone of some of the language used in reporting this probably has a few worrying, coupled with the growing fear that maybe, just maybe, City have a point and might just win this.

Another thing about the content struck me. When Soriano emphasised how there are many people in UEFA doing very good work for football and it is the FFP panel we have a problem with, could he be telling them what Khaldoon alluded to. We hear everything. Maybe we have a few moles of our own.

Because in their eyes, we're a state-owned club using state money to fund sponsorships. The source of those funds doesn't much matter as far as they're concerned.

Legally, of course, there's a big difference between the money coming from ADUG or from the Executive Council, but it all looks and feels the same to them (and the whinging set of bastards from Bayern, Barcelona, United, etc. who have no doubt been egging them on).

So, they've sought to cause as much reputational damage to City as possible, in the hope that some of it sticks even after CAS overrule them.

This is how I see it. It almost seems a deliberate attempt to not want to see and understand ownership structures in the region.

Either way the cartel clubs don’t care. UEFA wins, we’re fucked. We win, UEFA is fucked.

Just lots more positive over the situation with that interview yesterday, which for me was just a filmed club statement, fronted by the CEO, not what we usually get, and how Pep handled it all last night...he's just so full of passion and for me he seems he just would like to treat the idiot journalists for the fools so many of them are...imagining what he really thinks about them isn't too difficult, but right now, it's all about controlling ourselves in the right manner for when this crap reaches the conclusion it does...and being more positive leads me to see, as I've said before, the ending of all of this won't be what a section of Uefa had expected at all...

Fairness and that contemptible individual are simply not connectable. His article is written out of sweaty fear - Stone knows his future as a purveyor of pure City hatred is bleak and he will soon be brought to book. A true accounting of all of the racist raggy and dipper scum inhabitating our media is at hand.

^This.

IMO City’s bullish stance over this just may have made them rethink their positioning on their anti City agenda. If we win our appeal and the ban is overruled, it is assumed City will then pursue those that sought to damage their reputation. This may well include those media arseholes who have been involved in such nefarious activities.

Simple Simon’s report after last nights game may just be an isolated piece where for once, he reports on a factual basis. Time will tell if he is rethinking his position regarding our beloved club but in any event, it doesn’t exonerate him from all the shit he’s written about us over the last few years and the truly inane questions he has raised with Pep in the press conferences.

In short, SSIAC and will always be one!

Soriano stressed that City were not anti-UEFA but were unhappy with the conduct of the UEFA Investigatory Chamber.

It seems tome that the AC chamber must have ignored City's evidence that the sponsorship agreements were in order. It worries me that CAS will do likewise. There is a lot of prejudice against City's Arab ownership. I think the job the liberal press has done on Man City has meant that it is difficult for City to find a fair trial.

I can understand that the UEFA Investigatory Chamber was deeply hostile but I find it difficult to see how an independent Adjudicatory Chamber discounted City's evidence. They've put a biguous and out of context emails over hard evidence which must include documents the like of which PB and David Conn discussed both of whom concluded that the UAE state covered the Etihad Airways sponsorship, and not Sheikh Mansour just as most City fans have maintained since reading the email hacks.. And if Conn, a hostile opponent thunks that, I struggle to see how the Adjudicatory Chamber reached the conclusion they did. Why should CAS look differently on our irrefutable body of evidence? I realise that there is a procedural angle as well. It is the procedural angle that possibly gives us the best hope because I am not sure that CAS will view things that differently than the UEFA AC. Why should they? They are drawn from the same group of people.

If prominent fascists. or Islamists were to defend itself in a commercial dispute, would they receive a fair trial? I doubt it. That's the problem, City have been characterised as state-owned cheats for years and years.

I would have thiought a highly paid execiti
You are correct in your assertion that a "neutral journalist" would give more credibility to the interview and I'm sure most posters on BM can appreciate that without the need for analogies

Apparently the club with input from their legal representatives thought long and hard about doing this interview to assure fans of the situation and, of course, getting their message out there and decided the best way was to produce it themselves thus have 100% editorial control.

If there was a neutral journalist available, are you suggesting that the production should also have been done by a "neutral" media organisation or in house because there is no way that City could allow the production, even with editorial control, imagine the cutting being accidentally released.

So, if they had gone down the neutral journalist route the narrative would have been, he/she is just a puppet, have been bought off by City, there would have been some professional jealousy as well Look, it's been produced by City they have edited to suit their agenda etc.

In short the club couldn't win unless they totally opened it up to all comers and, that was never going to happen due to the legal ramifications of any mistake. The ONLY possible way was to do it as they did, totally control with it being vetted by the legal representatives before release

I would have thought that a highly paid CEO of the caliber we have should have been able to keep any conversation on brief with a less than aggressive (or even favourable) journalist ... especially as he will have have to answer much tougher questions from UEFA with even bigger implications. Anyway looks like Pep did a good job last night with the media / reporters when they had the opportunity to ask questions. One thing for sure is it going to take a lot of chipping away at this (even if we win) to even partly overcome the damage that has been done

Makes me think more about the substance of Soriano’s message the other day and the more I think about it the more I think City are playing this right.
It was a message to the fans, but there was just enough vagueness of veiled threats in there to get quite a few of our adversaries in a cold sweat.

The bit at the end about the tone of some of the language used in reporting this probably has a few worrying, coupled with the growing fear that maybe, just maybe, City have a point and might just win this.

Another thing about the content struck me. When Soriano emphasised how there are many people in UEFA doing very good work for football and it is the FFP panel we have a problem with, could he be telling them what Khaldoon alluded to. We hear everything. Maybe we have a few moles of our own.

Having a Chinese shareholder might also mean we have big ears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.