UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, to suggest a link would be akin to putting two and two together and coming up with a couple of thousand, but the timing is interesting. It's certainly a serendipitous coincidence that this comes shortly after Martin Ziegler suggested that City think Qatar was behind the hack on City's emails which kicked of the Der Speigel stuff and led to where we are now, while Sam Lee said on the 9320 podcast the other day that City believe that not only Real Madrid but also PSG lobbied hard for us to be punished by UEFA in the current matter.

Real Madrid have some brass neck trying to stick the boot into City. Did they not get the begging bowl out to Shiekh Mansour to assist with the financing of the redevelopment of the Bernabau? Hopefully they will get the equivalent of the Gene Kelly stand built instead.

As I understand it the chamber only listens to evidence given by the UEFA prosecutor and is only allowed to judge the case solely on what he provides. By all accounts we provided a 200 page document in our defence, to this day it remains unopened. It's beyond me why the process doesn't have a representative for the prosecution and the defence but my understanding is it doesn't, it doesn't take a huge leap of faith (given the setup) that we were found guilty.

I thing CAS will only look at the procedural aspect of the case, they will not look at all as to whether the verdict was correct. I'm not sure if CAS use the same group of people as UEFA but even if they do we get to pick one and CAS get to pick one, this gives us a fighting chance of the case being looked at by a more sympathetic group.
I wonder if our 200 page document has now been opened and UEFA are shitting it?

Could be a) why the media have gone 'soft' and b) maybe as someone mentioned on here the case may end up dropped even before appeal.

City's comments about getting this cleared before summer and not pissing about with a suspension is really strong IMO.

While awkward for UEFA as he's on their exec - I think as the rep for the European Club Association - is this anything to do with actions for UEFA or PSG?
Is it coincidence that its come out now, from UEFA trying to show that 1 of the nuevo rich clubs is bent so the other must be or is this UAE striking a bow against Qatar just when we need it as a warning that it's not just about UEFA & football.

That worries me a little because I’m of the opinion that could be an indication of a possible agreement somewhere down the line with UEFA. Personally, I’d rather we fight this to the end and if after a proper, legal, transparent process has been followed City are guilty then ‘fair dos’, let’s accept our punishment whatever that may be. If however City are proved innocent then UEFA will be shown to be corrupt and may well collapse, ending their cosy relationships. If we do a deal we become part of football governance’s problem, part of an elite who don’t give a stuff about ambition etc. PSG, CFC and others have taken a path of cosying up - we should fight this to the end, whatever the cost to UEFA. Our reputation is in the gutter already, so if we do a deal at any point the abuse heading our way will increase significantly because we will be perceived as ‘buying a place at the top table’ as well as buying success and, presumably accused of bribing UEFA to avoid a fight. All or nothing for me if we want football to be fair, transparent and open to all.
It probably is still all or nothing but there's no need to show our hand at this stage Gary.

The only way to make all this bullshit stop is a final reckoning and if that means the end of the corrupt organisation that uefa is all the better, we all know it's bent, they know it's bent and the press and media know its bent (good luck in trying to get them to admit it) fans of other clubs are slowly but surely starting to wake up to the realisation as well, for the sake of not just city but football itself we have to take this as far as we can.

Real Madrid have some brass neck trying to stick the boot into City. Did they not get the begging bowl out to Shiekh Mansour to assist with the financing of the redevelopment of the Bernabau? Hopefully they will get the equivalent of the Gene Kelly stand built instead.
Read somewhere on twitter that was the start of the bitter fall out

As I understand it the chamber only listens to evidence given by the UEFA prosecutor and is only allowed to judge the case solely on what he provides. By all accounts we provided a 200 page document in our defence, to this day it remains unopened. It's beyond me why the process doesn't have a representative for the prosecution and the defence but my understanding is it doesn't, it doesn't take a huge leap of faith (given the setup) that we were found guilty.

I thing CAS will only look at the procedural aspect of the case, they will not look at all as to whether the verdict was correct. I'm not sure if CAS use the same group of people as UEFA but even if they do we get to pick one and CAS get to pick one, this gives us a fighting chance of the case being looked at by a more sympathetic group.
CAS list totally diff to UEFA.
If we appeal on the substance, CAS has the power to set the "verdict" aside..
How do you know the document in our defence remains unopened?

Then we should pass a fatter envelope to a few others even higher up. Or to a few shady but sharp as tacks lawyers to stitch up anyone who's against us. Make some shit stick, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the fat corrupt twats in uefa have accepted underage prostitutes, drugs and involvement with known gangsters. I bet it wouldn't be too difficult to pay the right people to uncover some 'evidence'. The fat cünts would probably drop quite a few charges against us quite quickly to stop that becoming public.

That’s probably how PSG got off. The uefa mob will have been feasting at the trough when the backhanders were flying during the Qatar World Cup bid. It doesn’t take much to suspect that a few collars were felt and hey presto there’s nothing to see....

CAS list totally diff to UEFA.
If we appeal on the substance, CAS has the power to set the "verdict" aside..
How do you know the document in our defence remains unopened?
I would be amazed if UEFA havent looked at it after it was passed upwards,they didnt look at it before as they would of missed their so called 5 year statue of limitations.They knew we would appeal so surely would have their lawyers look at it to see how they could succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.