UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How is it relevant? The argument is about whether Football Leaks (and any additional evidence we don't know about) show that City broke the FFP rules. There's an argument about the process. Obliquely it can be used but I think your grasping at straws. A panel of judges will want evidence that has a direct bearing on our hearing at UEFA and the allegations made by Football Leaks.

Marvin, I agree that this doesn't impact on our appeal to CAS but the wider issue is that it calls into question UEFA's integrity and impartiality

I’m sure Uefa can distance themselves from their own members grubby dealings. I wonder how many more of them can be shown as having their own hand in the pot

maybe Leterme, the chief FFP investigator, is sweating this morning

Even the chairman of the investigative chamber couldn't believe that Leterme had rejected his own independent advisors analysis of the value PSG's sponsorship £5M taking PSG's advisor's value £95M resulting in PSG just scaping FFP

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/24/sports/psg-uefa-ffp.html

Last edited:
Wasn’t astonishing at all, UEFA reopened a case outside its own 10 day deadline and CAS agreed.

The astonishing part was the story as to how the IC closed the case in the first place. It was so astonishing that the AC said "WTF" and sent it back to the IC. Problem was, as CAS confirmed, was that it was all too late - they only had 10 days to reopen it.

cant someone put this in simple terms please !! if I am right UEFA wanted the charges dropped but the authorities have ignored UEFA and nicked him ?
They partially withdrew their complaint lol . Why would you want to do a deal with a man how has forged and falsified documents, bribed people and tainted the values you proclaim to hold so dear ?

we are looking at a 2 year ban and £30m fine and they ain’t backing down yet this guy was involved in bribery over the World Cup and tv rights worth billions

Can you imagine how this would be blowing up right now if you changed this guys name to khaldoon al Mubarak

It's nothing to do with PSG or UEFA business.

It's BeIN and Qatar and FIFA.

Quite possibly they've arranged that he spills info on something in return for them not pursuing something else.

true but to those of us who are getting sick of football more evidence of how corrupt and bent the whole game is. Right from the top with the bent corrupt money obsessed fuckers in the main governing organisations, to the players who dive around as though their leg has been amputated to gain any slight advantage they can in the game.

Football has become a game of “ what can we get away with “ from top to bottom

It’s good news, but a smoking gun for us would be proof of bribery with Leterme to get him to let them off. It’s clear it happened, but until there’s proof of that, it’s not something we can use I don’t think. Nice to read though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.