"Disappointing" attendances

I don’t think people are saying sales are terrible. People on here for whatever reason, including me, like to follow seat sales. Unfortunately the way the club shows available tickets on the seat planner is an absolute lottery. V Fulham all L1 was greyed out. There was no way all those empty seats on L1 for the Fulham game were no shows who had bought tickets. I’ve posted this on numerous occasions. The club should put every seat that is for sale on the seat planner from day 1 and leave the seat planner alone until it’s too late to buy seats. That way everyone who views the seat planner knows exactly which seats are for sale.

Here’s Another idea. Why not have a pop up mini seat planner window on the main OS page showing which seats are still for sale, with a direct click link to the ticket purchase page. That way everyone who goes on to the main OS page knows what seats are still available for a match.

Why not give a 5% discount for fans who pay for a ticket with their debit or credit card, which might stop fans ringing the ticket office to buy a ticket, and in the process, making waiting times shorter for fans who want to speak to the ticket office about something else.

There are loads of things the club and the ticket office could be doing to increase ticket sales and to make buying tickets a lot more easier. As a club we always talk about firsts, improving the match day experience, etc, but when it comes to buying tickets easier and more pleasurable, we’ve not moved forward in that aspect.

I wasn’t including people who were trying to encourage sales in my description. I was thinking of the minority of doom and gloom merchants.

I like your ideas. I think people buying online are already avoiding Bute booking fee that’s a couple of quid I think.

I assume the Club sell more of the single seats (in greyed our blocks)! to people who pitch up at the ticket office.

I reckon we are doing pretty well with ticket sales and we could do even better like you say.

Really annoys me that they expect us to find regular match day going fans from nowhere. The ones that criticise are the plastic dippers and rags who have never left their armchair to go to a game. I don’t think we need an extension though because I can’t see us filling it and let’s face it we’re never going to be allowed to host a champions league final anyway

Really annoys me that they expect us to find regular match day going fans from nowhere. The ones that criticise are the plastic dippers and rags who have never left their armchair to go to a game. I don’t think we need an extension though because I can’t see us filling it and let’s face it we’re never going to be allowed to host a champions league final anyway
We would fill it sometimes and for now that's enough. Most league games it's impossible to get seats together so I would guess there are more fans like me that go to less games than they would purely because they can't find seats together.

We just have to accept City's support as we knew it has gone. The passion in the main has evaporated destroyed by the incessant bile and negativity directed at the club and supporter base, apathy now prevails and Soriano and Co have a lot to answer for turning the Etihad into the 'Theatre of Cheese', we have arguably the oldest supporter base in the division and fans have had enough quite obviously, there is little or no fight left sadly.

We just have to accept City's support as we knew it has gone. The passion in the main has evaporated destroyed by the incessant bile and negativity directed at the club and supporter base, apathy now prevails and Soriano and Co have a lot to answer for turning the Etihad into the 'Theatre of Cheese', we have arguably the oldest supporter base in the division and fans have had enough quite obviously, there is little or no fight left sadly.
Not just at City..............prices, stewarding, match day shit, sitting down, etc etc etc fucked it all up. For many clubs.

We still sell out most home games though funnily enough.

Not just at City..............prices, stewarding, match day shit, sitting down, etc etc etc fucked it all up. For many clubs.

We still sell out most home games though funnily enough.
Too much TV coverage (and the ability to stream illegal sources) as well. It's so tempting that I've done it myself, not the illegal bit obviously, but chosen to watch games on TV because I fancy a night not battling traffic, but with overseas coverage needed for the increasing fan-bases who obviously cannot attend it's a catch 22 situation.

I don’t get how it’s so much harder to get away from the Etihad than it ever was from Maine Road, or maybe I’m just getting old!
If you parked in the schools near Maine Road it was a nightmare getting out. Cars also broken into if parked on the streets.

I used to walk it from Whalley Range to The Parkside. Easy peasy. Just like I walk it to the Etihad from near the Vermillion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.