"Disappointing" attendances

We just have to accept City's support as we knew it has gone. The passion in the main has evaporated destroyed by the incessant bile and negativity directed at the club and supporter base, apathy now prevails and Soriano and Co have a lot to answer for turning the Etihad into the 'Theatre of Cheese', we have arguably the oldest supporter base in the division and fans have had enough quite obviously, there is little or no fight left sadly.

I can count the poor attendances this season on one hand.

Last night happens once every 5 years or so, when a game is postponed.

I think you’re reading too much into it.

I don’t get how it’s so much harder to get away from the Etihad than it ever was from Maine Road, or maybe I’m just getting old!
Possible reasons :- More bus lanes than back in 2003, More bike lanes than back in 2003, a lot more cars than there were in 2003. All of these make for the roads being congested.

I can count the poor attendances this season on one hand.

Last night happens once every 5 years or so, when a game is postponed.

I think you’re reading too much into it.

Yep. Pretty obvious why there were so many no shows last night. Admittedly, there were more empties than even I expected but when you look at how many fans stuck their tickets on the exchange following the postponement there was an indicator right there that it was primarily down to the game being rearranged

Really annoys me that they expect us to find regular match day going fans from nowhere. The ones that criticise are the plastic dippers and rags who have never left their armchair to go to a game. I don’t think we need an extension though because I can’t see us filling it and let’s face it we’re never going to be allowed to host a champions league final anyway

What the fuckwits don't understand is that if your stadium is full every week then you are not maximising revenue as there will be some people who want to go but can't. So it actually makes good business sense to build your stadium big enough so that it is rarely full.

What the fuckwits don't understand is that if your stadium is full every week then you are not maximising revenue as there will be some people who want to go but can't. So it actually makes good business sense to build your stadium big enough so that it is rarely full.

You have to balance off the increased attendances against increased building, maintenance and repayment costs, as well as the opportunity costs of making alternative investments. Juventus found out that it want good business sense to have a stadium that was rarely full.

You have to balance off the increased attendances against increased building, maintenance and repayment costs, as well as the opportunity costs of making alternative investments. Juventus found out that it want good business sense to have a stadium that was rarely full.
Yes but there is a balance. If you project you will need it, it's better to build before rather than after the need so you aren't losing out during the build, and obviously it would be cheaper now than in say 5 years. If there is no expectation af a requirement in the forseeable future then that's different.
IMO if it was built now, within 3 years of opening it would be full or over 90% full for the majority of games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.