UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I beg to differ. 'Serendipitous' suggests that the outcome is somehow pleasing while 'coincidence' contains no such implication. Therefore, IMO they can legitimately be used together with the former adding to the latter to convey that the coincidence in question is a happy one.
Ah bugger. You beat me to it. This is what I get for doing some work rather than keeping up with the thread.

They all know where the bodies are buried and they all know, they all know.

Its naive at best that UEFA and the execs of certain clubs felt they would ever get away with this in my opinion.

These things tend to start to unravel when too many people are involved. That's when the chances of them fessing up and turning on each other increase. If City have damning stuff on any or some of those we suspect are involved, then the house of cards could fall pretty quickly

Fair play to simon stone

Also mention why external media didn't take the Ferran interview

Fair play to Simon Stone?

He’s a snivelling little weasel who treats our club like shit at every opportunity.

Even the start of his tweet shows the contempt he has for us.

“I have done this on a big show of support for the club”. No you rat, you’ve done it because that’s the fair and balanced thing to do.

The fact that stating the obvious is somehow being pro-City shows just how far the agenda has gone.

We’ve been found guilty of nothing by an independent body and UEFA have NOT provided any evidence for their finding against us.

Stating that is not showing support for City, it’s stating the bleeding obvious.

His profile pic says it all about his loyalties.

My employer's now suddenly making me do actual work, the miserable bastards, so no time to go back and see what was said before this.

Cliff's the senior in-house lawyer, and thus an employee, of CFG: https://www.cityfootballgroup.com/our-business/leadership-team/ - he was the one who made the crack, when Dehaene died, about 'one down, six to go'.

Pearce's most infamous statement in all this was: 'We do what we want'.

It's no especially edifying to read and has been seized on by our enemies. They were stupid to commit such stuff to email. Of course, I condemn it.

But given the volume of material that was purportedly available and the sophistication of the software they used to search through it, it's not as bad as it could be. I suspect if almost any club's electronic records were purloined and examined in the same way, you'd find stuff that's just as bad and in a lot of cases there'd be much worse.

I'm assuming here that there isn't more material on us that's being held back and is waiting to be used. I think they'd have released it already if it were available, in an attempt to bury us for good.

Statements made by Cliff and Pearce are in very bad taste and the club cannot be proud of them. But they are not infringements of FFP and have no relevance whatsoever. Far more relevant, I would have thought, and far more damaging to UEFA, are some of Platini's comments, made in his interview with Martin Samuel years ago, about the way in which FFP was a response to demands from club owners, of the two Milan clubs in particular, to do something because they COULD NOT COMPETE with owners, not named but very clearly Abramovitch and Sheikh Mansour. So, I agree that it is highly doubtful that UEFA have any more damaging material up their sleeve - and would new evidence be admissible if they had?

Fair play to Simon Stone?

He’s a snivelling little weasel who treats our club like shit at every opportunity.

Even the start of his tweet shows the contempt he has for us.

“I have done this on a big show of support for the club”. No you rat, you’ve done it because that’s the fair and balanced thing to do.

We’ve been found guilty of nothing by an independent body and UEFA have NOT provided any evidence for their finding against us.

Stating that is not showing support for City, it’s stating the bleeding obvious.

His profile pic says it all about his loyalties.

He gets away with any BBC moderation by saying views are his own yet he gets those views whilst attending press conferences etc on behalf of the BBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.