"Disappointing" attendances

I think it’s evidence that we have a lot of apathetic supporters.
You're wrong, it's evidence many of our supporters con't drop everything to rearrange a game in 10 days, especially if they have already lost money when the first game was called off. Not everyone can rearrange work at short notice

Sorry but I find the transport issues are just an excuse
Those who were stuck in traffic will just love you adding to their being pissed off for missing some or the whole of the match where they have been stuck on a motorway with no way to get forward, turn off to get another route or to give up and go home.

To be perfectly honest those who didn't go last night didn't miss much. It was boring. Moyes should be fucking prosecuted for his approach. He proves that football isn't about entertainment. We won, but my life, if I had to travel any distance to watch us I'd struggle to muster the enthusiasm. I spotted some of the lads from the A34 Supporter's Club there last night - they travel from the Southampton\Winchester area. Fair play to them, that's hard core.

I'm a plastic fan from 1970. I live 120 miles away and am a seasoncard holder. I didn't go last night but had travelled 20 miles before turning around for the postponed game. A midweek game means taking a halfday off work and getting home at 1 am. The drive up takes a good hour longer for a night game so after weighing it up chose the armchair option. But watching it last night made me think for the first time that it is the football that is dampening the enthusiasm. Don't get me wrong, we play some great stuff, but it's the other teams approach which is killing it as a spectacle. West Ham were so negative and seemed happy to take a 2 0 defeat and this seems to happen most weeks, even utd approached it that way but got lucky.
Not to mention the teams wasting time especially goalies and feigned injuries. Not very exciting to watch to watch a goalie placing and replacing the several times or a group of people around a perfectly healthy player.
And then the press say how good those teams are just for taking points off us with their cheating and boring tactics.

There are obviously numerous reasons why the attendance was lower last night, but it was MUCH lower than I’d imagined it would be!

There were swathes of empty seats.

There’s no way that was just down to people going on holiday or traffic issues. There will have been thousands who could have gone last night but could not be arsed.

Backs up the comment about our hardcore being 30K. I cant imagine why Manchester City fans are more hard up than say everton, dippers, rags, geordies or villa.

I don’t care how many games we’ve had or how shit/boring the other team is, we’re second in the league and the attendance last night was absolutely disgraceful. It’s not a case of people not buying tickets it’s season ticket holders who can’t be arsed to go, nothing to do with the price of it, just shit support.

Credit to everyone that was there last night.

The attendance was boosted by an old guy with a red face and a purple nose. I dont know whether he was under cover as he was wearing a City scarf.

No one believes me that Ferguson regularly watches us and especially that he eas wearing our scarf.

Shirley other people have seen him on the train or tram or at Piccadilly station.

I am sure the media have spotted him but showing that Ferguson enjoys watching our superb football - don't hold your breath.

We just have to accept City's support as we knew it has gone. The passion in the main has evaporated destroyed by the incessant bile and negativity directed at the club and supporter base, apathy now prevails and Soriano and Co have a lot to answer for turning the Etihad into the 'Theatre of Cheese', we have arguably the oldest supporter base in the division and fans have had enough quite obviously, there is little or no fight left sadly.

Don’t agree with all that but agree on the ageing fan base. We desperately need to inject more youth into our fan base.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.