"Disappointing" attendances

To be perfectly honest those who didn't go last night didn't miss much. It was boring. Moyes should be fucking prosecuted for his approach. He proves that football isn't about entertainment. We won, but my life, if I had to travel any distance to watch us I'd struggle to muster the enthusiasm. I spotted some of the lads from the A34 Supporter's Club there last night - they travel from the Southampton\Winchester area. Fair play to them, that's hard core.

Watching West Ham pass it around as if they were 4-0 up, when they were losing 2-0, I just couldn’t help but feel for their fans making that journey. What a waste of time.

Don’t agree with all that but agree on the ageing fan base. We desperately need to inject more youth into our fan base.
We need to provide a cheaper option for younger fans and allow them to watch games from the same part of the ground. In fact cheaper tickets all round would be worth investigating, although I am sure FFP is limiting our ability to move in that direction.

Did 6 hour round trip to support the club, but the season is in a nothing limbo, it now feels pointless, what exactly are we playing for in the league. It's a big ask to expect people to pay 50 quid for a nothing game. Feel totally cheated to be honest.

Did 6 hour round trip to support the club, but the season is in a nothing limbo, it now feels pointless, what exactly are we playing for in the league. It's a big ask to expect people to pay 50 quid for a nothing game. Feel totally cheated to be honest.
I feel for the rest of the league..........never gonna win the league ever most of 'em. Just like we used to be.

Ditch the ticket tout and tour agency tickets and release them to actual fans with points who want to come to individual games but cant afford a seasoncard.

Get rid of 5-8000 seasoncards from those who don’t attend a set amount of games and release those tickets to fans with points who want to come to individual games.

Get into local communities, schools and local junior/amateur clubs so that in situations like last night we have local fans who want to come and attend instead of the out-of-towners.

I feel for the rest of the league..........never gonna win the league ever most of 'em. Just like we used to be.
Football isn’t about winning trophies, or even winning matches.

Football is about pride in your local club representing where you come from, the camaraderie amongst the fanbase, the day out, the piss-up, the atmosphere, and if you happen to win that’s just a bonus.

We’ve forgotten that that’s what football is about.

Football isn’t about winning trophies, or even winning matches.

Football is about pride in your local club representing where you come from, the camaraderie amongst the fanbase, the day out, the piss-up, the atmosphere, and if you happen to win that’s just a bonus.
that was my point to be honest...I was being subtle.

I should know supporting City wasn't about winning.........

We have around 30k hardcore fans that’s the simple fact of the matter.

People take it far too personally if somebody describes them as less loyal than another person as if it’s a dirty and offensive word when it’s just the truth and there’s no shame in it. If I go to every home game and my mate misses midweek games because of work commitments then I’m more loyal than him. is that same mate more loyal than his mate who’s struggling financially and can only make half a dozen games a season? Again, Yes. Are any of us a better fan than the other because of this? No. Loyalty doesn’t equate to being better it’s just the situation we find ourselves in and whether it’s by choice or necessity we only have around 30k that are loyal enough to be able to attend every home game.

We’re in a situation where our closest neighbours have ruled the game for 20 years, there’s no surprise our numbers aren’t as big as others, I was in one of the biggest schools around during our darkest years and you could literally count the proper city fans on your hand compared to the swathes of United tag alongs.

those people are now in their 20/30’s, that’s the age group where you tend to get the majority of your core support from but the numbers aren’t as big for us in that age bracket. nowadays we’ve had kids grow up with a decade of city dominance it’s a lot easier to be a city fan now, family loyalty is still going to be a major factor but for the others you’ll get far more picking city from a young age and in the next 10-15 years assuming we continue to stay on this level we’ll see a sharp increase in local support as well as tourists as the kids that have grown up seeing city as the better team turn into adults.

I think it’s evidence that we have a lot of apathetic supporters.

Normally with you on just about every post you make mate, but not this. I was missing last night, cos I have a 500 mile round trip for home games that always involves me having to take 2 days off work for midweekers, something that I just cannot do at 7 days notice. My eldest lad flew the flag for the family last night. It took him an hour and a half to get from Warrington to Manchester by car, he got to the ground about 10 mins after kick off and then found himself in a 25 minute queue to get in via the totally inadequate one “late” turnstile City had open, despite it being well known by that stage that traffic into Manchester from the South and the West had been so awful that many Blues apparently gave it up as a bad job and went home. Chuck in a daft 19:30hrs kick off and last night’s circumstances were the perfect storm for a low attendance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.