"Disappointing" attendances

There was a car on fire on the slip road from the M60 to the 62 after the match. Horrendous traffic but managed to get round it. But again that's nothing to do with transport links to and from the Etihad. Shit happens every day with Britain's shit transport network

Stuck in same traffic. Passed the rather disgruntled driver and his barbequed car. Don't think he was driving that home

Don't know mate I used the A roads to get there. I have the same sympathys for drivers and I'm glad I don't drive very often to the match. I much prefer using public transport and having a few beers. The way people on here go on about it you'd think the Etihad was in the middle of nowhere when it's a brisk walk into town
Those brisk walkers you mention are an absolute pain when they use Ashton Road as their own private footpath and block the buses into town.

Understand that you can't make it from Exeter and others from afar. My experience: Took me 1 hour 15 mins from Sale; arrived outside Stadium at kick-off; no queue to get in (and at no turnstile did I see a queue of more than a few - from N to Z); I was in a large jam on M60 from Cheadle to Denton and then again on Hyde Road to the ground but at no point did I think of giving up and I have to say I don't know anyone who would sack it off (ended up missing only 50 secs as parking off Ashton Old Road was a piece-of-piss due to low turnout); left work early; took daughter (school night); was in pain throughout having sustained a nasty injury on Tuesday evening. All that despite, as some are saying, "season is pointless" now. Point I'm making is that I had many excuses not to go but to me that would be unthinkable. As Pep said last night we've won the last 5 trophies that we've entered and we're going for the sixth - I just want to drink it all in. Can't wait for Wembley. CTID

I went myself but know plenty of regulars who did sack it off last night who a few years ago would always be there. It’s right what you say about all the trophies we’ve won lately and Pep etc. I can’t really put my finger on what’s changed (obviously we’re out of the title race but still) but I was sat there last night bored shitless and thinking anyone who didn’t come won’t be regretting it and probably made the right choice.

I can see why people might decide not to attend etc, but it is an affliction that doesn’t seem to affect Liverpool Utd, or Chelsea. I accept that Chelsea have a much smaller stadium, but those clubs that, like us, have a history of regular trophies, would not in my opinion suffer from the type of piss poor turnout that City endured last night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.