UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would allow transfer fees to be unrestricted as long as you comply to the salary cap. Both is kind of unnecessary.

Credits against the salary cap for HG players and/or players you sign under X fee, so developing your own players or scouting gems (Liverpool singing Robertson, us signing Zinchenko, Leicester signing Mahrez etc.) is rewarded. Maybe 100% for a kid like Foden who has been at the club since he was 9, getting lower and lower as the age the kid joined until signing someone like Zinch is only 25%.

Strict limits on debt. Max # of loan players.

And let the best managed club win.

You could even allow things like designated players who don't count against the cap, luxury taxes from the NBA so you can pay up to x amount over the cap but only if you pay a % tax to do it, which is distributed to the other clubs.

No solution is perfect, but other sports have spent 50+ years working on ways to create a level playing field and avoid monopolies. It's not impossible.

I would allow transfer fees to be unrestricted as long as you comply to the salary cap. Both is kind of unnecessary.

Credits against the salary cap for HG players and/or players you sign under X fee, so developing your own players or scouting gems (Liverpool singing Robertson, us signing Zinchenko, Leicester signing Mahrez etc.) is rewarded. Maybe 100% for a kid like Foden who has been at the club since he was 9, getting lower and lower as the age the kid joined until signing someone like Zinch is only 25%.

Strict limits on debt. Max # of loan players.

And let the best managed club win.

You could even allow things like designated players who don't count against the cap, luxury taxes from the NBA so you can pay up to x amount over the cap but only if you pay a % tax to do it, which is distributed to the other clubs.

No solution is perfect, but other sports have spent 50+ years working on ways to create a level playing field and avoid monopolies. It's not impossible.

Salary cap in my opinion is one of the worst things to have ever happened to the NHL. There are many issues regarding the sport and the multiple terrible CBA's but the Salary Cap for me is by far and away the worst thing to have ever happened to the sport.

Players do not receive the salaries that they should on the high end and are massively overpayed on the low end (quality wise). It also means that you have teams that do the bare minimum, they know that at a certain salary level they wont be garbage but they will never be good enough to win it all. They stick themselves firmly in the middle and give their fans glimmers of hope from time to time.

This would be the worst possible outcome in my opinion.

A transfer cap would actually be more reasonable, as then the players can still force themselves out of certain teams, and as well the smaller teams will not have to accept a bid because they know that the team cannot go higher. It brings down inflation and would help in my opinion.

Ffp has been with us for approximately 10 years and has been a disaster for football, other than the usual suspects. It coped quite well between 1880 and 2010, different clubs dominated then fell away for whatever reason. This era seems like it will be set in stone forever. There should be no financial controls whatsoever, football will survive.

The same media are talking about Pogbad as a £150M player, anyone would think they have a vested interest in talking up the values of rag and dipper players
I read the sports section of yesterday’s Daily Mail in the hozzy waiting room. FWIW they reckoned his value has dropped to £50m as his remaining contract moves towards 12 months. They even ventured that Real Madrid might not be interested at that price.

Salary cap in my opinion is one of the worst things to have ever happened to the NHL. There are many issues regarding the sport and the multiple terrible CBA's but the Salary Cap for me is by far and away the worst thing to have ever happened to the sport.

Players do not receive the salaries that they should on the high end and are massively overpayed on the low end (quality wise). It also means that you have teams that do the bare minimum, they know that at a certain salary level they wont be garbage but they will never be good enough to win it all. They stick themselves firmly in the middle and give their fans glimmers of hope from time to time.

This would be the worst possible outcome in my opinion.

A transfer cap would actually be more reasonable, as then the players can still force themselves out of certain teams, and as well the smaller teams will not have to accept a bid because they know that the team cannot go higher. It brings down inflation and would help in my opinion.

I think that's a problem with collective bargaining agreements though, not caps specifically? The NBA's works very well and MLS is pretty good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.