"Disappointing" attendances

Gary is so correct. The only fans that use it are predominantly rags and now because we stop them the dippers. The vast majority who are fans of them are weak people with no real life who don't go.

Liverpool are a myth mind. To be fair to the rags we kept them going through kindness after the war rather than the pools betting syndicate that was smoked by the lottery.

Check this website out if you want info and average attendance it is brilliant you can look as far back as the 1920's and we are constantly in the top 10 or 5 in this country for average attendance we have always had amazing support. You can click on any country on the left side and see there average attendance as well just click on the years after selecting a country and it will show you

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn.htm

I can see why people might decide not to attend etc, but it is an affliction that doesn’t seem to affect Liverpool Utd, or Chelsea. I accept that Chelsea have a much smaller stadium, but those clubs that, like us, have a history of regular trophies, would not in my opinion suffer from the type of piss poor turnout that City endured last night.

What do you thInk their attendance would dip by for a game rearranged at 7 days notice for a week we had all planned on there being no football in?

We have around 30k hardcore fans that’s the simple fact of the matter.

People take it far too personally if somebody describes them as less loyal than another person as if it’s a dirty and offensive word when it’s just the truth and there’s no shame in it. If I go to every home game and my mate misses midweek games because of work commitments then I’m more loyal than him. is that same mate more loyal than his mate who’s struggling financially and can only make half a dozen games a season? Again, Yes. Are any of us a better fan than the other because of this? No. Loyalty doesn’t equate to being better it’s just the situation we find ourselves in and whether it’s by choice or necessity we only have around 30k that are loyal enough to be able to attend every home game.

We’re in a situation where our closest neighbours have ruled the game for 20 years, there’s no surprise our numbers aren’t as big as others, I was in one of the biggest schools around during our darkest years and you could literally count the proper city fans on your hand compared to the swathes of United tag alongs.

those people are now in their 20/30’s, that’s the age group where you tend to get the majority of your core support from but the numbers aren’t as big for us in that age bracket. nowadays we’ve had kids grow up with a decade of city dominance it’s a lot easier to be a city fan now, family loyalty is still going to be a major factor but for the others you’ll get far more picking city from a young age and in the next 10-15 years assuming we continue to stay on this level we’ll see a sharp increase in local support as well as tourists as the kids that have grown up seeing city as the better team turn into adults.
We have around 30k hardcore fans that’s the simple fact of the matter.

People take it far too personally if somebody describes them as less loyal than another person as if it’s a dirty and offensive word when it’s just the truth and there’s no shame in it. If I go to every home game and my mate misses midweek games because of work commitments then I’m more loyal than him. is that same mate more loyal than his mate who’s struggling financially and can only make half a dozen games a season? Again, Yes. Are any of us a better fan than the other because of this? No. Loyalty doesn’t equate to being better it’s just the situation we find ourselves in and whether it’s by choice or necessity we only have around 30k that are loyal enough to be able to attend every home game.

We’re in a situation where our closest neighbours have ruled the game for 20 years, there’s no surprise our numbers aren’t as big as others, I was in one of the biggest schools around during our darkest years and you could literally count the proper city fans on your hand compared to the swathes of United tag alongs.

those people are now in their 20/30’s, that’s the age group where you tend to get the majority of your core support from but the numbers aren’t as big for us in that age bracket. nowadays we’ve had kids grow up with a decade of city dominance it’s a lot easier to be a city fan now, family loyalty is still going to be a major factor but for the others you’ll get far more picking city from a young age and in the next 10-15 years assuming we continue to stay on this level we’ll see a sharp increase in local support as well as tourists as the kids that have grown up seeing city as the better team turn into adults.

I’d disagree a little. Our hardcore is above 40000 these days. Our support has steadily increased over the last decade too. There’s a cohort of aged up to around 15 that we’ll see huge increases in the coming years too. City have to make the ground accessible and cheaper for these age groups.

Go back to playing all football, apart from the League Cup, on a Saturday at 3pm and I guarantee you would fill the Etihad for most games.

We old farts have been banging on for years about how the TV companies have taken over our game and do not give a damn about the match going fan. However this article makes interesting reading https://www.football365.com/news/the-future-of-premier-league-football-on-tv-part-one. It looks like they do not attract the audiences they hoped for and basically we, as match going fans, are the ones that are suffering the consequences.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.