UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He says this

Following good governance practice to encourage independent application of the rules, the CFCB and its members have nothing to do with any other Uefa work, although by definition they have to be appointed by Uefa and are assisted clerically by its officials. The structure follows European governance models, with two separate panels to consider cases.

As if they are not talking to each other about what to do lol
Poor man. I hope he gets a good night's kip. He writes like he needs it.

Ofc he bought the WC and the Athletics. You don't get to organize this without buying it. It is only more obvious because Qatar is more exotic. It has been proven Germany, South Africa, Brazil before paid for it. Qatar manages to bid for a summer WC and turned it inot a winter WC. It is too hilarious not to think they bought it.

Then, how did he buy the UEFA executive committee seat ? He has to be elected by the clubs, not UEFA. So he bought all the clubs and they kept quiet ? And this place has only become vacant because Arsenal CEO left for Milan AC (there can't be two representatives from the same football association and Juventus chairman had already a seat). Did he pay Gazidis so that he goes to Milan in order to get the seat ? There is nothing to prove that unless your intimate belief.

Who is Nasser sponsoring to gain influence ? Qatar is on bad term with Barça. Qatar sponsors Roma (hardly a cartel club), Bayern (cartel club), FIFA, Boca and PSG. This is some influence they have got from sponsoring those clubs ! Meanwhile Emirates from Dubaï is sponsoring AC Milan, Real Madrid, Arsenal FC, SL Benfica, Hamburger SV, Olympique Lyonnais, and Olympiacos FC. Qatar sponsoring doesn't seem out of order and is in fact inferior to Emirates sponsoring.

What i am disputing is people blindly believing PSG escaped without a scratch thanks to Leterme while we actually got hit financially. We lost 42 M€ from QTA and we lost again dozens of millions on our other contracts. If UEFA tells you your Etihad deal is worth 40 M ( and some dozens on Etisalat and Aabar) and you have to find the difference to balance your book, is it a total win in your book ? Will you say that Leterme has been bribed by City ? And again, the difficult part of City sanction is the alleged breach of the financial situation reporting, not simply the inflated value of your deal. So if you think PSG should have got done while complying, you shouldn't complain about City ban by your metrics.

If i was to mirror your statement, i could say : I have nothing against your club or fans but your owners... I don't remember PSG executives exchanging emails about selling the image rights to a company, which is actually owned by our owners. I don't remember PSG paying their coach with some bonus coming from a middle east club (Mancini). I don't remember PSG executives saying that QNB will pay 3 M while QSI or the Emir will top it. Etc.

Personnally, i believe City will prevail but if the CAS is judging City with prejudice, the same way you are judging PSG (with often wrong facts that i happily debunks with links),
Quite informative.

Talking about us on sky pledge,i don't know who it is but going on about arab petrodollars,it's on now,greg dyke is saying the prem are investigating us right now,UEFA not really qualified to investigate us,probably not the only club to find a way around it,most clubs are doing the same things as us
Blonde Yorkshire accent glasses?

I am a bit worried tbh,what if we never get left alone or even worse the club has been lying,even if we are cleared the damage has been done to our reputation already,pep staying is great and if lose any sponsers we should be able to rebuild,when he leaves we'll see what the damage really is

Me too Karen as I remember all the positive signals and noises the last time we first faced all this years ago and yet we still lost . I know all the "They moved the goalposts" stories and us saying we'll take a pinch but the bottom line is we were fined and had our European squad reduced. End of.

You think the club would have learnt but to me they haven't. Years from the Gary Cook e mail that cost him his job, Der Spiegel obtained hacked e mails, an e mail is circulating celebrating the death of a UEFA official and Liverpool hacked our system. Lapse to say the least.

We have to hope that this time we are watertight, we get a fair hearing and we win. Given past experience like you I am nervous.

Manchester City will NOT be forced into a fire sale of their top players if a two-year ban remains in place and could even benefit financially from their time out of Europe, according to football finance expert Kieran Maguire. [via @Jack_Gaughan]

Kieran Maguire: "There would be no need for a firesale. They will actually benefit from not being in Europe because FFP limits under UEFA are €30million losses over three years, compared to £105m under Premier League limits."

Does that make any sense?

Manchester City will NOT be forced into a fire sale of their top players if a two-year ban remains in place and could even benefit financially from their time out of Europe, according to football finance expert Kieran Maguire. [via @Jack_Gaughan]

Kieran Maguire: "There would be no need for a firesale. They will actually benefit from not being in Europe because FFP limits under UEFA are €30million losses over three years, compared to £105m under Premier League limits."

Does that make any sense?
Probably means we'll have to pay stupid wages to keep them maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.