BBC

Then make it a subscription service and if you want it, you can pay for it and for those who don't find any value from it, be free to subscribe to other services without fear of legal action.

Nope - as I said above - you are in or you are out - subscribe you get it don't and you don't. Like Netflix

As soon as they can develop an app or something that means non-fee payers are unable to access any BBC TV - radio local or national - online or iplayer channel and sounds and podcasts without paying your subscription thats fine. I'd like it to mean that any BBC programme repeated on DAVE and the like is just a blank screen then you don't pay you don't get to watch any of its product - that is only fair.
You can enjoy SKY News -- SKY Sports News and Talk Sport.

I think you would find your entertainment and information options very limited.

Absolutely fine by me. I'd happily pay for it - its better value than any other media source - even the Sun subscription costs twice per anum than the license fee and for that you only get the Sun online.

As soon as they can develop an app or something that means non-fee payers are unable to access any BBC TV - radio local or national - online or iplayer channel and sounds and podcasts without paying your subscription thats fine. I'd like it to mean that any BBC programme repeated on DAVE and the like is just a blank screen then you don't pay you don't get to watch any of its product - that is only fair.
You can enjoy SKY News -- SKY Sports News and Talk Sport.

I think you would find your entertainment and information options very limited.
All previous licence fee programming has already been bought and paid for.

Future BBC subscription paid programmes, yes. Previous, licence fee paid for programmes, no.

Nope - as I said above - you are in or you are out - subscribe you get it don't and you don't. Like Netflix
That's... precisely what i'm advocating. If you want the BBC, pay for the BBC. If you don't bother with BBC programming, you shouldn't have to pay the tax, especially if you prefer ITV (in which people can also pay that subscription service)

All BBC programming up to this point has already been paid for by the licence fee payer. Once you buy a blu-ray or movie on Netflix it's yours to watch at your leisure. The distributor cannot 'block' you from watching something you've already paid for.

Future subscription era BBC programmes, yes.

That's... precisely what i'm advocating. If you want the BBC, pay for the BBC. If you don't bother with BBC programming, you shouldn't have to pay the tax.

All BBC programming up to this point has already been paid for by the licence fee payer. Once you buy a blu-ray or movie on Netflix it's yours to watch at your leisure.

Enjoy SLY Sports and Sports News then and knock yourself out with Talkshite. There would be no access to the BBC football web page - no 5Live for matchday commentary - you would have to pay much much more per month to enjoy the unbiased SKY and BT sports coverage and enjoy the Moose on Talkshite

Enjoy SLY Sports and Sports News then and knock yourself out with Talkshite. There would be no access to the BBC football web page - no 5Live for matchday commentary - you would have to pay much much more per month to enjoy the unbiased SKY and BT sports coverage and enjoy the Moose on Talkshite
I certainly will, thank you.

I don't watch anything you've mentioned, don't think i've ever listened to anything on radio 5 and you are forgetting there are other terrestrial channels and avenues to enjoy City coverage/general entertainment these days (and before you ask, yes i'd pay to subscribe to them as well)

I almost exclusively watch the BBC. With maybe a little bit of C4 or UKTV channels thrown in (for old BBC repeats). BBC4 is excellent, BBC2 decent too.

I watch Storyville, Horizon, documentaries on geography/science/history/nature, food programmes from Rick Stein to the Hairy Bikers etc., comedy game shows like Would I Lie To You?/Have I Hot News For You?, that Richard Osman’s House Of Games, The Super League Show and any live Challenge Cup rugby league... I even watch MOTD (but usually recorded and Ffwd the punditry) and live FA Cup games.

Their programming is by far and away the best any television service has to offer. I also like that there are no adverts on the programmes I watch on there.

I purposely don’t watch the News because I feel more stupid and less informed when I watch it than when I don’t! I have grown very tired of the audiences on Questiontime who think it’s a popularity contest and constantly applaud answers that politicians give. And I stay well clear of any soaps.

As for radio, the only radio station I ever listen to is BBC Radio 6 Music. It’s the only good radio station in the entire country.

If the license fee was dropped, would the quality of the best BBC programming stoop to the dross that ITV (which I never, ever, watch it’s that bad!) serves up? And would we lose Radio 6?

If so it’d be a real shame! My life would be very different without the BBC as it is. As a single bloke living alone with no kids, I have a lot of spare time on my hands and I spend a lot of time watching/listening to decent BBC programmes.

I certainly will, thank you.

I don't watch anything you've mentioned, don't think i've ever listened to anything on radio 5 and you are forgetting there are other terrestrial channels and avenues to enjoy City coverage/general entertainment these days (and before you ask, yes i'd pay to subscribe to them as well)

True - you have Championship football highlights on Quest and .......forget who else other than they cover football. You sometimes get athletics on channel 4 and some cycling on there.

I almost exclusively watch the BBC. With maybe a little bit of C4 or UKTV channels thrown in (for old BBC repeats). BBC4 is excellent, BBC2 decent too.

I watch Storyville, Horizon, documentaries on geography/science/history/nature, food programmes from Rick Stein to the Hairy Bikers etc., comedy game shows like Would I Lie To You?/Have I Hot News For You?, that Richard Osman’s House Of Games, The Super League Show and any live Challenge Cup rugby league... I even watch MOTD (but usually recorded and Ffwd the punditry) and live FA Cup games.

Their programming is by far and away the best any television service has to offer. I also like that there are no adverts on the programmes I watch on there.

I purposely don’t watch the News because I feel more stupid and less informed when I watch it than when I don’t! I have grown very tired of the audiences on Questiontime who think it’s a popularity contest and constantly applaud answers that politicians give. And I stay well clear of any soaps.

As for radio, the only radio station I ever listen to is BBC Radio 6 Music. It’s the only good radio station in the entire country.

If the license fee was dropped, would the quality of the best BBC programming stoop to the dross that ITV (which I never, ever, watch it’s that bad!) serves up? And would we lose Radio 6?

If so it’s be a real shame!
If you guys enjoy BBC, brilliant, more power to you.

I and others who are advocating the "tax" being scrapped do not. I genuinely cannot think of any programming the BBC produces currently that I enjoy or watch regularly. 10 years ago, maybe, but now I get my kicks elsewhere.

So it's time to be funded via subscription for those who champion it, and allow those who don't the freedom to enjoy the things we enjoy without being tied to a compulsory tax for something we don't. That has to be the fairest solution.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.