Var debate 2019/20

Did you watch your team last night?

I was there..

What do you think of the pull back on Sergio by your defender?

Why wasn't it reviewed by VAR?

Do you think it was a penalty?

Do you think your defender should have been sent off?

When I got home last night the Sky presenter informed me Sergio was on side and blatantly pulled back..

A definite penalty he said. He reviewed it and called it correctly in 10 f'kin seconds..!

A clear and obvious error by the ref that VAR was implemented to cut out..!

It wasn't even reviewed.. I assume you're OK with this as like you say, it'll be years before VAR is working correctly..

What a load of bollocks..!!

Why will it take many years for VAR to be implemented correctly?

It's straight forward, the laws of the game are written down, adhere to them in conjunction with VAR and there's no problem..

Refereeing teams differently and hiding behind 'teething issues' regarding VAR is THE problem ..!

It's cheating right in front of our eyes but you can't see it, I can and judging from what I read on here many more can too.!

It stinks, it allows different interpretation of the laws, dependant on which team is involved, nobody likes it going by the fuck VAR chants that go around the stadiums up and down the Country, except for the swamp and dipper central, funny that eh!!

Also funny is said 2 shitholes don't have big screens installed, that's funny too don't you think..?

Like I said previously, you have nailed your colours to the VAR mast and are very much mistaken if you think this will be good for the game of football..

What it is, is another nail in the coffin for the game in gereral..!
Excellent post & sums it up for me, there were bad decisions before var but most importantly I could celebrate goals , quick glance at the linesmen then celebrate like a madman ......now ? Even the players don’t celebrate . Killed the main part of the game

I was there..

When I got home last night the Sky presenter informed me Sergio was on side and blatantly pulled back..

A definite penalty he said. He reviewed it and called it correctly in 10 f'kin seconds..!

It wasn't even reviewed.. I assume you're OK with this as like you say, it'll be years before VAR is working correctly..

It's straight forward, the laws of the game are written down, adhere to them in conjunction with VAR and there's no problem..

Refereeing teams differently and hiding behind 'teething issues' regarding VAR is THE problem ..!

It's cheating right in front of our eyes but you can't see it, I can and judging from what I read on here many more can too.!

It stinks, it allows different interpretation of the laws, dependant on which team is involved, nobody likes it going by the fuck VAR chants that go around the stadiums up and down the Country, except for the swamp and dipper central, funny that eh!!

Also funny is said 2 shitholes don't have big screens installed, that's funny too don't you think..?

Like I said previously, you have nailed your colours to the VAR mast and are very much mistaken if you think this will be good for the game of football..

Save your breath mate.

He would argue day is night, its his MO on here.

Clearly any opinion of wanting technological help for referees means I’m a clear advocate for VAR, can not count the amount of times I’ve stated my opinon for and AGAINST VAR and improvements it can make to be better.

As your so clearly against VAR , do you want me to highlight every decision in the lower league that refs get wrong ? And use that to justify that you love having no VAR and all was happy with the refs decisions ?

I‘ve not seen any footie except West Ham last night so I can’t comment on every f*ckin individual incident and try and justify it - refs will get it wrong, VAR will get it wrong, and no sport is without its flaws - especially football where there’s hundreds of grey areas and where the tribal mentality of fans will not see things rationally.

VAR can and has limited the amount of incorrect decisions given in previous years - but it’s going to take many years to implement and improve - it should never have been rushed in at once and instead should have for this season, just been used for red card incidents for example, and next season for something else - just one example of the cons for VAR for me, but I’ve stated them many many times.

I apologise for not wanting to go back to football where I witness many teams scoring MILES offside, BLATENT diving and many other incidences - something had to give, VAR is a way forward but it’s far from perfect.

can’t repeat myself anymore.
Your last sentence is funny.
Of course you’ll repeat yourself again. Every post of yours is identical, even when faced with overwhelming evidence that the subject you defend so vehemently is bent as fuck.
You are similar to all the posters in the political threads. Blindly refusing to change a stance you started out with regardless.

You are similar to all the posters in the political threads.

AgileMaleCuttlefish-max-1mb.gif

I was there..

There will never be a perfect flawless system that gets everything right so you will always have individual incidences you can point too and go what about that then ??!’’

say we scrap VAR - Rashford goes down like he’s been shot with no contact and the ref gives a penalty against you.

Would it be fair for me to say in a dick way - ‘‘well then mate , this is what you wanted ! Nailed your mast for the refs to be left guessing haven’t ya? what do you reckon ??’’

All I want is the refs to stop making ridiculous decisions and have some form of help. Why is that such a radical bad opinion ?

VAR is far from perfect, in fact I’m many cases it’s been shit. but it’s a start and we have a chance to constantly review and implement it better.

There will never be a perfect flawless system that gets everything right so you will always have individual incidences you can point too and go what about that then ??!’’

say we scrap VAR - Rashford goes down like he’s been shot with no contact and the ref gives a penalty against you.

Would it be fair for me to say in a dick way - ‘‘well then mate , this is what you wanted ! Nailed your mast for the refs to be left guessing haven’t ya? what do you reckon ??’’

All I want is the refs to stop making ridiculous decisions and have some form of help. Why is that such a radical bad opinion ?

VAR is far from perfect, in fact I’m many cases it’s been shit. but it’s a start and we have a chance to constantly review and implement it better.

Stop it, its shit, its bent, no **** wants it or likes it.

but most importantly I could celebrate goals , quick glance at the linesmen then celebrate like a madman ......now ? Even the players don’t celebrate . Killed the main part of the game

I’ve advocated many times - this is the strongest reason to scrap VAR for me, the time it takes to review goals is something that has to be improved as it does kill the initial celebration. I’ve stated this many times that it is my biggest gripe against VAR.

Stop it, its shit, its bent, no **** wants it or likes it.

unfortunately away from this forum you are the one that’s in a minority

according to a new YouGov poll.
  • 74 % keep using VAR, but change the ways it is used.
  • 15 % cent want to stop using VAR entirely.

unfortunately away from this forum you are the one that’s in a minority

according to a new YouGov poll.
  • 74 % keep using VAR, but change the ways it is used.
  • 15 % cent want to stop using VAR entirely.

That your West Ham, Ingeeerlaaaaand mates down the pub?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.