Sky Q

Oh right. Sorry I didn’t know that. I suppose if you have enough space then recording is your only option.

Or ring Sky up and give ‘em some shit!
The sky woman was very nice about a mad women having a melt down over not being able to set a reminder,bless her

I’m on my third Sky Q box in 6 months, fucking garbage.

Need another new one again soon as this one has started to play up now.

Wish I’d stuck with my old Sky HD boxes.

Sky Q pretty good imo. Multi room, multi record functions are very useful. I like it better than the old sky box. Only drawback is it has a tendency to crash and need reset every so often but no biggie. Hadn't realised they had withdrawn the reminder function because I never used it. Can see that would be annoying for those that did.

What about live football? I like the rest of it but why remove that basic function,makes no sense to me,my house is full of post it notes already,i have to everything easy for me to function,i've a mind to send it back
Have you tried something like Amazons Alexa system?

The whole point of SkyQ is you can record so many channels at once that they feel people will want to do that rather than set reminders.

Just hit record and if you do miss it its there anyway.

Karen is right. It is the single biggest cock up SKY made when designing SKY Q.
They are very aware that people want reminders back. However, this has been going on since SKY Q first came out, so i doubt it will be back.
The amount of times i've forgotten a program was on or about to start is immense. It doesn't even console me that series links will have recorded it anyway.

When SKY Q fist came out, the remote was a nightmare. It was all swipe this swipe that. At least they changed the remote to allow the direction buttons to be pressed.
SKY seem to have forgotten the biggest attraction to elderly/infirm (or Karen!) is ease of use.
It's like they got a bunch of trendy young people in a room and asked them what they wanted. This gave no thought as to the actual user experience.
They are slowly clearing up the menus with less flashiness and more function.

My pet hate is the "i" info button. You used to press "i" and the program info popped up. You then pressed "i" to get rid of it. Simple.
Do that now, and it takes you to a different page. To get rid, you now have to press the back/exit button. I know it's a small thing, but having to look at the remote and press a different button to get rid of the pop up is just making things harder for no reason. (probably explains SKY Q in a nutshell!)

Last edited:
I’m on my third Sky Q box in 6 months, fucking garbage.

Need another new one again soon as this one has started to play up now.

Wish I’d stuck with my old Sky HD boxes.
You know it doesn’t actually double up as a frisbee, don’t you?

Just had this put in today,can someone tell me why the fuck you can't set reminders for programs?

Because my memory is so bad i rely heavily on that,how do i remember when a show i want to watch live is on?

Having to put everything on record doesn't help me with that

Fuckity fuck

Wish i hadn't bothered now
Yes the lack of a remminder is a pain.
When asked about it, sky stated that most people record everything anyway, so they ditched it. But i used it because not everything needs recording like live sports.
Also unable to see tv guide while watching a recorded program is a nuisance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.