"Disappointing" attendances

I think the pictures of the attendance for the match on Wednesday were actually worse than the reality in the stadium. I know that sounds odd but there was heavy rain almost all day and with it being half term and an earlier kick off, some of the ticket holders with seats near the edge of the pitch which were open to the rain would likely have relocated (more likely to give it a miss), than the seats further back well protected from the rsin.

The impression on the TV would be generally less attendance. I was at the game with my family but was also offered other seats by people who couldn't make it due to the holidays..

If we do re-develop the stadium it would be great if the roof could be retractable like this proposed Bernebau Stadium. We get more than our fair share of rain in Manchester, it would generate more noise internally and would be more marketable as a venue for 3rd party events out of season.

thing is the press and other fans love it !

here is a post from a Liverpool fan on an another forum I use. ps should I post anything anti Liverpool on there I get a warning to keep it nice but I post no worse than this post ! I didn't respone to it I cant be arsed !

'''' I am watching the Man City vs West Ham game on Sky and all I can say is are the Man City fans on some kind of strike?
The ground is empty there is hundreds of empty seats everywhere it looks like a lower league game crowd.
What is going on as this team are the Premier League Champions and they can't fill half their home ground?
City are winning 1-0 and I can only hear Hammers fans singing.''''

thing is the press and other fans love it !

here is a post from a Liverpool fan on an another forum I use. ps should I post anything anti Liverpool on there I get a warning to keep it nice but I post no worse than this post ! I didn't respone to it I cant be arsed !

'''' I am watching the Man City vs West Ham game on Sky and all I can say is are the Man City fans on some kind of strike?
The ground is empty there is hundreds of empty seats everywhere it looks like a lower league game crowd.
What is going on as this team are the Premier League Champions and they can't fill half their home ground?
City are winning 1-0 and I can only hear Hammers fans singing.''''

Why does that worry you? If it does, come off other fans forums.

We get the jibes when the ground is full so it makes no difference.

Why does that worry you? If it does, come off other fans forums.

We get the jibes when the ground is full so it makes no difference.
it doesn't bother me hence I didn't reply to it , let him have his moment of glory knowing it will have pissed him off that I didn't respond. I don't use that forum much its more for non football but it does have a football thread which isn't really used ;)

i think some fans from other clubs forget that City fans have cup final tickets to buy, Champions League tickets to buy, which are a priority over Premier League games for which we have no chance of winning the title, so most fans do not have a limitless wallet and must prioritise what they spend their money on.......just a thought

We have a core support of about 40-45 thousand. Which is fantastic and bigger then most teams in the country.

I’m getting fed up of keyboard warriors and other fans having a go at our fan base.

We have a core support of about 40-45 thousand. Which is fantastic and bigger then most teams in the country.

I’m getting fed up of keyboard warriors and other fans having a go at our fan base.
Pretty much sums it up, what was the attendance on Wednesday? I'm assuming it was about 44/45K? Most clubs in this country could only dream of that for a mid-week fixture.

It's not worth getting upset about in my opinion. A rag fan I was speaking to yesterday brought up the matter saying the stadium was definitely only 50% full on the TV. I tried to explain that I WAS THERE and could see it was quite a bit higher than that, and that the family stand visible from the cameras is the worst affected area, but he was having none of it. Couldn't be arsed arguing with someone who doesn't even bother trying to go to games, as most critics don't.

The problem is with top flite in general that in 10-20 years the core supporters who are in their teens and twenties now are not going to be able to afford to go regularly unless something is done. 350 is about the average cheapest ticket price in the premier league but this is rising. Yeah we do have a younger element to our support but they’re mainly with their parents. Football in general needs to look at a drop in prices because grounds soon will be empty because no one can afford it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.