Sterling : City not treated with same respect as Liverpool - Cites 0 PFA Awards despite titles

razman

Happy he has spoken up . I know this may not matter to us , but it clearly matters to the players !

Sterling: Everyone can see it, it is impossible that we win the Premier four or five times without the Player of the Year. This year Liverpool will win and surely the Player of the Year winner will be one of their players. We are not treated with the same respect.”

Last edited:
There's a lot of disrespect in terms of reporting on City, agree completely. But on this specific issue, I think our squad is that good that it's almost an implicit mark of respect to not have any PFA winners.

Put Aguero in Tottenham or Kompany in United or Yaya in Leicester and they'd have 3 or 4 PFA awards.

This year might be different though because we've not done so well so KDB looks like a stand-out player.

There's a lot of disrespect in terms of reporting on City, agree completely. But on this specific issue, I think our squad is that good that it's almost an implicit mark of respect to not have any PFA winners.

Put Aguero in Tottenham or Kompany in United or Yaya in Leicester and they'd have 3 or 4 PFA awards.

This year might be different though because we've not done so well so KDB looks like a stand-out player.

Yes Sky sports did a twitter poll with more than 160K people

Henderson , Mane , Kev and VVD

Kev won the poll easily with 35%

Also interesting he has claimed a Liverpool player will win POTY so the players aren't expecting De Bruyne to win it this year.

these things clearly matter to players . Trophies are the pinnacle but indivdual recognition is a boost for any player

Of course it does because you want to be rightfully recognised. Hence why anything other than KDB winning it is a farce. It's just so convenient that only now that the winning team must win the individual awards.

If we get banned from Europe, KDB will win it this year.....you can't have the player of the season not playing in the chumps league for 2 years....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.