Sky Q

Yes the lack of a remminder is a pain.
When asked about it, sky stated that most people record everything anyway, so they ditched it. But i used it because not everything needs recording like live sports.
Also unable to see tv guide while watching a recorded program is a nuisance.
Assuming that people don't wanr to watch live telly is a cock up from the main sports provider!

The whole point of SkyQ is you can record so many channels at once that they feel people will want to do that rather than set reminders.

Just hit record and if you do miss it its there anyway.
They whole point is to make it easy to use,there was no need to take the reminders away

The noise from the box sound like someone mowing the lawn a few houses down, ive had to ballance the box off the back of the tv stand to reduce the noise.
Also the sound cuts off for a split second every 30 second or so. But that ptoblem comes and goes and is resolved by switching the standby button off/on.

@karen7 Add your voice to the following, there's no guarantee but every little helps (in fact everyone on here should do it).

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q-Ideas/Have-a-reminder-function-for-programmes/idi-p/3083110

Something like this is the only way to get the point across.

this will have been statistically checked to see how many people use it and a decision made based on that user count vs the expect cost/difficulty to develop the feature.

the more people that vocally complain the more likely they are to re asses. but if it was a feature only a small percentage of users used its possible it will just get ignored.

Something like this is the only way to get the point across.

this will have been statistically checked to see how many people use it and a decision made based on that user count vs the expect cost/difficulty to develop the feature.

the more people that vocally complain the more likely they are to re asses. but if it was a feature only a small percentage of users used its possible it will just get ignored.
The cynic in me thinks that the decision may have been based on Sky being able to report more people watching (recording) programming to their advertisers for more revenue.

The cynic in me thinks that the decision may have been based on Sky being able to report more people watching (recording) programming to their advertisers for more revenue.

I can understand the cynicism thats for sure. however in this case they will know what you watch live too ( or at least know what your machine is playing, and if you have used the remote in the last x minutes ), and odds are an advertiser would be more interested in live viewers than recorded as recorded shows will more than likely have adverts skipped. so its probably more valuable to an advertiser if you do set an alarm to watch live.

pretty sure this will just be down to costs ( monetary and man hours) of development. m for example if you have 2 features to improve/implement, 1 80% of your users use and you can improve it to make that 80% happier, vs another you know only 1% of users on sky HD use. your time and money is always gonna go to the 1 the 80% use.

the more vocal users are then that will emphases the 1% thing could actually be more valid than the pure stats suggest.

Edit: Or at least, this is how its working on the app im currently developing, approximately 3m users so cant please them all, so it all goes with the majority.

They whole point is to make it easy to use,there was no need to take the reminders away

Yeah I would agree as a sky Q user but i now just so used to hitting the record button and catching it up later.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.