BBC

Question.
In the UK if you had no TV antenna, therefore unable to get BBC and only watched Netflix etc, do you still need a licence ?
Technically yes. There are ways to watch live BBC without an aerial so this isn't the determining factor, it is to do with the equipment you're viewing on. Plus it covers radio.

I moan about bbc content a lot, but in fairness for 3 quid a week what it produces at regional and national level is worth it.

What it needs it to be free of any government interference and threats so it can remain level and unbiased.

At the moment it seems to have lived in fear from both labour and tory governments
It's worth it for BBC4 for me, some decent programming on there.

Being funded by the public, the bbc should be unbiased and present the news etc in an unbiased way, it even states that in their own charter. Whether it be politics or sport, the people they employ are incapable of being even handed. We are constantly subjected to their own take on issues, leading to influencing the listener/viewers. I for one can make my own mind up, as long as I am presented with the facts in a straight forward way. I can certainly point to their football page for this, their own opinions are clearly visible in the reporting and presentation regarding different clubs. Please dont argue that this is to get clicks, as all clicks do for them is to confirm to themselves that they are right. I have known them to select a statement from Pep in an interveiw, isolate it out of context apply it to a hys so that their hoards of pandered to clickers can take the piss, I even suspect that they themselves get the ball rolling with the first insults, while removing posts which dont suit their own agenda.I can understand that other people are happy with their own usage of the services on offer and thats great, but a service or business is only as good as your own experience using it, and for me they are shite. When they are finally done I will be using the fee they charge now for something enjoyable instead, but I will find time to email them(in whatever context they exist in) to ask them if are still as uncaring and complacent as they were while I helped to fund them.Maybe some of the rats that pass for sports journalists under the umbrella of an organisation that is funded regardless of performance etc will be humble in their new job,having to present their work in a competetive enviroment, but I suspect that they will still justify themselves by attracting clicks in whatever way they can wherever they are.

The BBC provides a huge variety of TV, radio and online broadcasting free from commercial demands to the entire population for less than 50p per day. It's one of the few British institutions that remains respected and envied around the world and we're lucky to have it. It serves as vital counterpoint to the bigoted far right propaganda that passes for news in the Mail, Sun Express and Torygraph.

Most of those in favour of its abolition are people who also froth at the mouth at the sight of Greta Thurnberg and want Brexit done because of human rights.

The BBC provides a huge variety of TV, radio and online broadcasting free from commercial demands to the entire population for less than 50p per day. It's one of the few British institutions that remains respected and envied around the world and we're lucky to have it. It serves as vital counterpoint to the bigoted far right propaganda that passes for news in the Mail, Sun Express and Torygraph.

Most of those in favour of its abolition are people who also froth at the mouth at the sight of Greta Thurnberg and want Brexit done because of human rights.

So it's a left wing tool? The argument you posit gives me more reason to remove it from its place.

Clearly you have a very low opinion of most of those who wish to see the licence fee abolished. But I'm curious as to why you think those people should be forced to pay for something they don't like, want or use?

Personally I don't watch the BBC because just about the only thing I do have the time to watch is football on Sky and BT. But I have to have a TV Licence to watch those channels.

I'd happily skip the 'less than 50p per day' charge because the BBC serves no purpose to me. Just like my gran and lots of other people I know skip the £50 a month charge for Sky because live football and sports serves no purpose to them.

Must have made dozens of complaints to the Beeb over the years... they are an incredible organisation because nothing and o mean nothing is ever down to them; their arrogance and self righteousness is off the scale

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.