UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you a lot.

Yeah, i see everyone saying Leterme agreed with PSG valuation but there is no one able to tell you the actual number. I come with articles, graphs showing numbers but i'm still waiting for people to prove their claims with the damn number. Panja, himself, isn't able to show anything. Quite troubling. People think PSG didn't get any sanction but in my book PSG got an huge financial sanction : They remove 51 M€ of our revenue stream per annum according to L'Equipe. In a 3 years cycle, it is a 150 M€ financial sanction. It is a gigantic financial hole. And that LFC supporter working at Octagon is actually thinking the same way:

About Panja, he is actually right about Neymar and Mbappé being purchased the same year though. It is not a mistake by him. At least when it comes to FFP. UEFA FFP decided that the clause inserted in the contract to make it a permanent transfer was not fit for a loan with option to buy : Mbappé transfer would be permanent if PSG wasn't relegated. As a consequence, Mbappé was put into the FFP books the same year as Neymar.

The only reason Mbappé was loaned out was to allow Monaco to get the money the following year and because PSG had already paid Neymar cash.

What the article written by Panja doesn't tell you in order to misguide you is that the period covered by the investigation of PSG account was for the years before Neymar and Mbappé even considered to come to PSG (3 year cycle). They tried to make us fail FFP for the 3 year period when we had not even bought those players for 400 M. This is why they wanted us to terminate QTA (which we did), so that we would have no other choice but sell Neymar or Mbappé.

Thankfully, the strategy of buying those superstars to raise the brand and find new non related party sponsors paid off. I see the same with City and Etihad for example. It was used to kickstart the project and now City is looking for a new sponsor who will provide 60 M+. I think it is highly probable because Puma pays the same sort of money that Nike is paying us. There is no reason City can't replace Etihad for a lucrative deal.

I'm confident for City because i can't imagine FFP and the lobby behind it winning this fight. Would be a terrible proof of protectionism in this sport.

To add further more information about PSG and FFP, the french club is still at the limits of the boundaries currently with both Neymar and Mbappé on its account. Neymar (222) and Mbappé (135) are worth 72 M per annum without their wages. Neymar is on additional 60 M wage annually and i don't remember Mbappé but at around 20 M+. To validate their FFP, PSG needs to go in quarters or semi finals or they'll have to sell some fringe players or find a new sponsor to balance the book.

Unfortunately the CAS review is not a review of protectionism and a verdict on FFP but more a review of the evidence, the rules, and the investigative process.

You only have to listen to the British football media to see that this is not an investigation but a witch-hunt.

I am a little worried for City that CAS may go into it sharing some of prejudices that others do. The elites in the Western world love to give the Arab Sheikh a bloody nose. It's a populist argument but benefits a small group of powerful clubs.

The plus for me is that City seem to have turned down an offer of a minor UEFA sanction. Did they do that because they knew that CAS would rule in our favour? I hope so.

This made me look up the number since I didn't want it to be exaggerated, but it turns out it was actually 85. He has to do one before and after each game and we played 42 games between 8th November when the Mancini story dropped and The FA Cup final (where he also didn't ask before the game).
Good research, well put.. I attach below the 'Five Core Principals of Journalism' outlined by the UK charity/organisation 'The Ethical Journalism Network' which, I am sure, Harris, Conn et al aspire to follow in their day-to-day work. I look forward to seeing them on BlueMoon Forum confirming their utmost commitment to these principles, especially with regard to the current matter at hand between City and those lovable ragamuffins at UEFA. Just as I anticipate yet another day of sunshine here in Camelot, where the rain may only ever fall after sundown and the morning fog must disappear by 8am..

Five Core Principles of Journalism

1. Truth and Accuracy
Journalists cannot always guarantee ‘truth’, but getting the facts right is the cardinal principle of journalism. We should always strive for accuracy, give all the relevant facts we have and ensure that they have been checked. When we cannot corroborate information we should say so.

2. Independence
Journalists must be independent voices; we should not act, formally or informally, on behalf of special interests whether political, corporate or cultural. We should declare to our editors – or the audience – any of our political affiliations, financial arrangements or other personal information that might constitute a conflict of interest.

3. Fairness and Impartiality
Most stories have at least two sides. While there is no obligation to present every side in every piece, stories should be balanced and add context. Objectivity is not always possible, and may not always be desirable (in the face for example of brutality or inhumanity), but impartial reporting builds trust and confidence.

4. Humanity
Journalists should do no harm. What we publish or broadcast may be hurtful, but we should be aware of the impact of our words and images on the lives of others.

5. Accountability
A sure sign of professionalism and responsible journalism is the ability to hold ourselves accountable. When we commit errors we must correct them and our expressions of regret must be sincere not cynical. We listen to the concerns of our audience. We may not change what readers write or say but we will always provide remedies when we are unfair.

I don’t think rob harris has been shown his arse as much as it’s been shown to him.

**** deserves nothing other than hatred though so fuck him

u all were right about simon ! but his point - with regards to our reputation IS correct.

That's why its important , that city are completely cleared !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.