UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that the CAS will not go against FFP in itself but City is right to point out that they may have been unfairly treated. Milan AC did exactly that and managed to have their sanctions reduced.

You should be able to escape a ban and work out some fine and squad reduction with that approach. Then there is the whole thing about UEFA leaks. It is written in their rules it is their responsability to keep the information private. If CAS agree with City that UEFA has not held its part in the process, the whole investigation could be thrown out. It is difficult to say CAS verdict but City do have points in their favour to win even on some technicality.

City simply cannot accept a ban. It is like accepting your project to be nuked. The MAD doctrine exists for a reason and i assume City will go all the way.

Part of City's appeal will almost certainly be that other clubs have been dealt with far more sympathetically than we have and may even be that some other clubs haven't rvrn been charged but that will only be PART of the defence. That UEFA have followed a process that is whimsical partial and inconsistent is quite clearly not one which should produce a severe sentence handed down by the prosecution! But I remind you and everyone else that Ferran Soriano told us categorically that the club's basic contention is that the charges "are simply not true" and that the evidence put forward by the club is irrefutable. This means that City are not challenging the legal validity of FFP because, whether they are valid or not, we haven't done anything which they seek to outlaw. It is for UEFA to provide irrefutable evidence that this is not the case and contrary to the Blue Moon podcast there isn't any feeling within the club that we're being singled out for doing only what every other club does. If we win our appeal, and we do seem very confident, we may well press for compensation and this MAY well involve a parallel case asking the ECJ to rule on the validity of the rules. It could even involve cases alleging that UEFA and certain other clubs formed a cartel to further their own interests. But these other cases are pure speculation which may be idle speculation.

I dont think this will be done by end of May. Which puts the 5th place team in a bit of limbo around May not knowing if they have EL or CL to play for from September. Whoever finishing 5th will pray for us to get banned. Kind of hope though it is Sheffield or Wolves.
Or 4th Wolves, 5th Sheffield. :DD

Part of City's appeal will almost certainly be that other clubs have been dealt with far more sympathetically than we have and may even be that some other clubs haven't rvrn been charged but that will only be PART of the defence. That UEFA have followed a process that is whimsical partial and inconsistent is quite clearly not one which should produce a severe sentence handed down by the prosecution! But I remind you and everyone else that Ferran Soriano told us categorically that the club's basic contention is that the charges "are simply not true" and that the evidence put forward by the club is irrefutable. This means that City are not challenging the legal validity of FFP because, whether they are valid or not, we haven't done anything which they seek to outlaw. It is for UEFA to provide irrefutable evidence that this is not the case and contrary to the Blue Moon podcast there isn't any feeling within the club that we're being singled out for doing only what every other club does. If we win our appeal, and we do seem very confident, we may well press for compensation and this MAY well involve a parallel case asking the ECJ to rule on the validity of the rules. It could even involve cases alleging that UEFA and certain other clubs formed a cartel to further their own interests. But these other cases are pure speculation which may be idle speculation.

This is what so many people aren't focusing on. Not just those outside the club but also a lot of our own fans as well.

And yet the UEFA AC found City guilty.

They did but what was the Onus of proof ? reasonable doubt? balance of probabilities? Neither a pre set agenda from the G14 clubs... hardly gonna cut much ice at the CAS.

I dont think this will be done by end of May. Which puts the 5th place team in a bit of limbo around May not knowing if they have EL or CL to play for from September. Whoever finishing 5th will pray for us to get banned. Kind of hope though it is Sheffield or Wolves.

Milan's expedited hearing was done less than 3 months after the initial verdict so we should be OK on that.

Yes. And yet our defence is being lead by a QC in the same chambers as someone who convicted us. Chances of them not speaking or Pannick going in blind are zero. Which doesn't mean everything, but it's interesting. These guys don't take on cases they think are lost causes.

If UEFA have done what the club say, it's a cataclysmic fuck up, so I don't know what would have made them do it.
Doubt if the Brit was on the AC hearing, they only need three out of five and he has UAE connections

Fuck that. What would be more funnier than if utd get fifth, their fans go into gobshite overdrive, start taking the piss with us, we get cleared and they have the most monumental meltdown.
Now that would keep me laughing all summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.