UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually like keeping up with which papers are attacking the club or the fans over this.

more likely truth-tellers than an independent body of legal experts with access to relevant evidence.

Independent? Evidence? Who do they think they are fooling? As for legal experts, City have the best of them with their eyes on this, but the press tell that in another light(buying their way out etc).

Last edited:
The whole ffp lark is laughable and only Martin Samuel called it for what it is. You can't allow certain clubs to have limitless investment poured in for years, that very investment then keeping them unchallenged in the champions league spots. Those positions then gave them the wealth above everyone else, meaning they scooped up the best players and trophies. It was a never ending cycle. Don't forget the huge money from the premier league deal didn't exist then, so the advantage the champions league money gave them was a massive advantage. Then when Chelsea and ourselves came along they changed all.the rules to protect what they had. Frauds the lot of them.

Last edited:
First rule of journalism, NEVER make the story about yourself.

Some may consider what they are doing as journalism, but they are essentially driven by the need to feel and remain relevant.

In doing so, they push the envelope, overegg the pudding, whatever it takes to provide the perception they are across the subject matter and justify ongoing employment.

Invariably, the first thing to suffer is any type of objectivity, as they are already so entrenched in their stance, so they take it up a further notch.

People such as Harris and Delaney should be well aware of the rules surrounding encitement, seemingly oblivious that the echo chamber they tweet from can be read by anyone.

And if I had a pound for every time I heard an Editor justify that a celebrity was fair game because they court publicity and earn money from it as a result.

Journos who court celebrity lost the right to be called a journalist the moment they try to make the story all about themselves.

The last part is spot on - they’ve crossed over from being proper journalists, with a thirst to get to the bottom of a story and a desire to uncover a fresh angle or insight into the topic they’re covering, and passed into what can probably best be described as a form of semi-professional trolling.

People like Harris and Delaney - who seem to live on twitter - have become so enraptured with their own online personas that they’ve lost what their purpose as journalists is actually supposed to be about.

I suppose in that respect at least Harris is more of a blogger than a proper journalist, so you could argue there’s more honesty in his trolling - although he clearly sees himself as a journalist, despite strong evidence to the contrary!

PB uncovered changes to the UEFA document (the toolkit) which related to the application of FFP. IIRC, the revised application meant that we couldn't avoid punishment by deducting wages under pre-2010 contracts to fall within a certain threshold whereby we'd have avoided a penalty despite falling FFP in the first period.

The suggestion is that even Brennan - regarded as an arch-City defender by these people - didn't agree with Colin's analysis.

IMO for a journalist to contact a fan privately like this is a sign of him having spectacularly lost the plot. Dunno if you'd agree with that, mate, given your professional background?

I knew about the tool kit story mate. It was rhetorical... Why would Stu Brennan allegedly casting doubt on Colin's assertions, somehow mean they weren't still correct?

The MEN haven't been a primary source for City for ages, owing to the club doing everything on their own platforms.

My chiropractor is very good at what he does, but he'd be shit at heart surgery.

It seems everyone is a financial expert now, especially those who usually write banal shite about Jesse Lingard dry humping his bed pillows.

I'll just say Harris sending this snide email is a huge insight as to the type of people working in the industry now.

Last edited:
He tried that threat on me without knowing I could buy and sell him a dozen times over. When that threat fell upon my hysterical ears, he blocked me, the fat little fuck.
Ha, ha, great stuff. I remember someone (not City-related) trying similar on me and backing down rather quickly when I said I worked for a big law firm that would represent me with pleasure.

I've always thought that he looks like a constipated chipmunk, personally.

Yeah your probably right. They have absolutely nailed their colours to the mast now and theirs no turning back for them. If they did it would make them look like dicks who couldn't be trusted

Whereas now they look like .............................................

Let me tell you something about his family. Probably said this before but it proves what a bunch of shits they are as people. His grandfather started the Jewish Telegraph, which as its name suggests, writes for the Jewish community, mainly in Manchester. Rob's father, Paul, now runs it and he has no scruples about running stories that are hurtful to families. One particular story affected my family and concerned my cousin Les, who unfortunately took his own life about 30 years ago.

Paul Harris had been friends with Les at school so they knew each other. He rang my aunt and uncle, who were obviously in a pretty bad state, and offered his condolences. He asked, as a former friend, if they'd have any objection to him running a tribute to his school friend Les in the next issue. They didn't suspect any ulterior motive and said yes. No doubt he'd got a few details of his death off them as part of the conversation. Expecting a nice tribute, they picked up the next issue to see a lurid story, with no detail spared, about how he'd gassed himself in his car. Naturally they were horrified to see something like that splashed all over the news and laid bare for the local community, many of who knew them.

That is the Harris family. Bunch of utter shits and the apple clearly hasn't fallen far from the tree.

Classy. Seems he learned his trade from his old man.

If my old mate Gerry Greenberg would have been working on it back then, he would have headbutted the editor.

As it is, Gerry moved to South Africa, had the full sex change and is now known as Donna Gee.

A Jewish titan of the industry. I'm sorry to see you just got twats for your own family's sad story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.