"Disappointing" attendances

Pretty much sums it up, what was the attendance on Wednesday? I'm assuming it was about 44/45K? Most clubs in this country could only dream of that for a mid-week fixture.

The rag media and the armchair fanatics will always compare us to the rags and dippers without mentioning their huge national and global fan base that take up their empty seats.

I had a United mate trying to give me grief about this on Wednesday too. Just point them in the direction of the United v Bournemouth rearranged game in 2016 after the bomb scare and look it up on YouTube. Looks like the ground has been evacuated again....................

People are paying way too much attention to what "fans" of other clubs are saying about us, it's just a stick to try and beat us with. These people aren't ever going to give us any credit, so it is pointless arguing with them, or letting yourself get bothered by it.

Was talking to a young lad at the game on Wednesday and he was telling me how angry he gets at empty seats, so I asked why, pointed out it was a rearranged game (my father-in-law who never misses a game and plans his holidays around our fixtures was abroad for example) and that we are still mainly a working class club, we don't have thousands of Scandinavian businessmen to pick up the slack etc. He admitted it was because it is all he ever hears about from other fans on social media and at college, along with the other City bingo classics.

These people aren't ever going to say anything positive about us though, if we sell out we all used to be Chelsea fans, if we win a trophy it is bought, we have no history even though all it takes is a google search to prove otherwise. So ignore them, they aren't worth the steam off your piss, and enjoy the ride. I won him round in the end, and as others have said, now is when we should stick together.

at the end of the day its a cliche i know but
i would rather be dead and my nipper with me than be one of those ****s
i'll always be there,so fk them all who call us

I had a United mate trying to give me grief about this on Wednesday too. Just point them in the direction of the United v Bournemouth rearranged game in 2016 after the bomb scare and look it up on YouTube. Looks like the ground has been evacuated again....................

Don't even have to go back that far, the recent Burnley game had plenty of empty seats but that might just be because their team is shit I suppose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.