Sterling : City not treated with same respect as Liverpool - Cites 0 PFA Awards despite titles

Last season is the perfect example of why I think he's wrong. My own opinion and I'm sure loads on here will agree is that Bernardo Silva was the most deserving winner of the award last year, as an outsider he looked to be the player that delivered when it was needed most. If he wasn't so good last season Sterling would have gotten all his votes or vice versa, Van Djik didn't really have anyone in his team that was going to take votes from him.
Anyone one of us could/should have won it,there is NO fucking excuses,vinny brought us home as much as anyone as did several others including bernie,our players don't win full stop,we have had/have some of the beat top tier players in world football over 10 yrs when we have won everything several times,there is NO excuses,it's anti city bias no more no less

Bollocks,the player of the year is voted for feb/march and we don't decide ours till the end,that is THE worst excuse i have ever heard

My point is we all moan Silva is ignored by everyone whilst having one player of the year with us? You literally make no sense, on any subject.

Sterling is missing the point. We spend money on our players and it's assumed we're going to win. If we do it's nothing exceptional but big failure if we don't. Van Persie, Suarez, Salah and Van Dijk were unearthed at a young age and carried their plucky sides to put pressure on the juggernaut (or just scrape top 4 in the case of RVP & Salah).

I thought it was obvious that when you sign to Manchester City has a player or manager you forgo all your rights to be recognized for individual awards. Our motto at the club is "pride in battle" that means giving away all the individual awards for the greatness to represent this club and the good of the collective. And this systemic unwritten law of no recognition isn't anything new. We had a manager who took us from the second division to the first division title & cups and European cup glory in the 1960s and we became the first team to do the major double in England but they say we don't have any history.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.